One of Sal's custom knobs

Started by jurelometer, October 16, 2018, 05:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jurelometer

Got this surprise handle in the mail the other day.  Sal's hand crafted knobs are not only excel in craftsmanship ,  you can tell they were made with an artist's eye.   I like this particular knob shape and size. it provides plenty of grip for cranking without getting in the way when speed winding.

Had just the reel to mount it on.

Thanks again Sal.  It is a beauty!

-J

Rothmar2

Stunning compliment to the reel. Sals work is getting amazing. Is that one he cast himself?

steelfish

green of envy  ;D ;D

thats a beatiful knob, it looks pretty good on that reel.
The Baja Guy

Dominick

That's the key  The man has an artist's way of looking at stuff.  Good work Sal and good match on that reel.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

basto

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Darin Crofton

Sweet setup, the knob is perfect on that reel!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Alto Mare

Thanks everyone...no artist here though  :)
Dave, that's one beautiful reel.
Not patting myself on the back, but I must say, that handle really bring it out.
I recognize that red anodizing on the rings, is it from the same batch as those amazing looking stars you sent me a few years back?

Yes I will still keep bugging you as I've been ever since I received those...you'll need to make us some ;D.

I'm glad you like the knob Dave.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

That's a beauty, the knob looks great on it with the red rings.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bill B

Beautiful reel and colors.  The knob looks great and comfortable.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

jurelometer

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 16, 2018, 11:11:42 PM
Not patting myself on the back, but I must say, that handle really bring it out.
I recognize that red anodizing on the rings, is it from the same batch as those amazing looking stars you sent me a few years back?

Yes I will still keep bugging you as I've been ever since I received those...you'll need to make us some ;D.

Sal

Yep, same color -you have a good eye.    Lollypop red clear over light chrome powder coats,  real electrostatic application, not heat flocked or dipped.    I was going nuts with that combo, painting all sorts of stuff.   The spouse was about to hide the silverware :)

I have  nice lime and blue clear coats that are pretty nice too.   I think powder coating does not get the love here it deserves.   That pretty type II anodizing on most reels is not that protective.

Very few metals can be anodized.   It's pretty much just Aluminum, titanium, and then some oddball stuff for special usage.

And it is your handle that makes that reel.  Who cares about stars. Make more knobs ;D ;D ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: jurelometer on October 19, 2018, 11:58:51 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on October 16, 2018, 11:11:42 PM

Sal

Yep, same color -you have a good eye.    Lollypop red clear over light chrome powder coats,  real electrostatic application, not heat flocked or dipped.    I was going nuts with that combo, painting all sorts of stuff.   The spouse was about to hide the silverware :)

I have  nice lime and blue clear coats that are pretty nice too.   I think powder coating does not get the love here it deserves.   That pretty type II anodizing on most reels is not that protective.

Very few metals can be anodized.   It's pretty much just Aluminum, titanium, and then some oddball stuff for special usage.

And it is your handle that makes that reel.  Who cares about stars. Make more knobs ;D ;D ;D

Been there ;D...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.