Looking for Fin-Nor Regal handle. Not the gold one. Please read post.

Started by 54bullseye, October 20, 2018, 03:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

Hi John Taylor here and I am looking for an odd ball handle for an uncommon Fin-Nor Regal. First pic is from a 1963 Fin-Nor catalog and so far it's the only catalog I have found this reel/rod combo in but I only have a handful of catalogs. So it's kinda like a cradle with reel seat actually attached to bottom two posts or cross bars. Both rod butt and tip are attached with screw on ferrules. When I bought it off eBay it was just reel no tip or butt. Fortunately looking through my tips and rod pile I had the exact tip for the combo fits perfect. Rollie made me a ferrule for butt so that's next but the handle is my problem. Some one wanted it longer and cut the old one then attached a new section but it's pretty much a butcher job.

So looking for a handle to fit or a donner reel. Notice it is silver not like the newer Regal's Gold and handle is shaped different. I am going to post a few more pics in next post. Thanks in advance for any help.   John Taylor        Click on pics to blow up.

54bullseye

Here is a pic of hole in my handle and a couple of a Regal reel that would work if I could find one. Last pic is decal on rod that goes with combo. Click on pics to blow up.   John Taylor

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!