Fishing Belleville Lock and Dam

Started by mo65, October 22, 2018, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Fished the weekend on the Ohio River again. We fished Willow Island Lock and Dam, Point Park in Parkersburg, and Belleville Lock and Dam. Most of the catches came from Belleville this time. As usual, the nicest fish never seem to make it on the video, so I posted a few still shots also. The Penn Silverbeach 99 got another serious workout...plastic spool still hanging in there! 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Nice work.  Loved the video.  I could almost smell that guys bait.  Chicken liver and sardines, stinky.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Decker

I've never known stripers to keep company with catfish :D but they'll take chicken liver for bait.

Nice fish!

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Benni3

Really like this mo,,,,great job,,,,that looks like a fun place to fish ;D

Rivverrat

Cool stuff !  Catching catfish never gets old... Jeff

sabaman1

Those are some nice cats Mo! Thanks for sharing the pics.
JIM

mo65

Quote from: Decker on October 22, 2018, 08:49:38 PM
I've never known stripers to keep company with catfish :D but they'll take chicken liver for bait.

Nice fish!

I think they must hang together a lot Joe...we always catch a few hybrid stripers while using liver. Come to think of it...just about anything that swims will hit liver. We even catch great baitfish on it like mooneye and goldeye.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Nice video and great fishing, Mike!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Darin Crofton

Great day on the water, but now I'm hungry! ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Rivverrat

Quote from: mo65 on October 25, 2018, 03:07:02 PM
Quote from: Decker on October 22, 2018, 08:49:38 PM

Nice fish!

I think they must hang together a lot Joe...we always catch a few hybrid stripers while using liver. Come to think of it...just about anything that swims will hit liver. We even catch great baitfish on it like mooneye and goldeye.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. 8)

I've found the same thing over the years. Not always true but I generally find catfish & gar dont keep company as it gets hotter in the summer... Jeff

Benni3

Mo is right,,,, :D everything hits chicken livers ;D

happyhooker

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

swill88

Nice!
Educational too....Thanks Mike.

steve