which bridge size can I use

Started by makana59, October 23, 2018, 08:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makana59

ALoha everyone,
    Just want to start of by saying thank you to the guys on this site for always being very useful when I need help.  The question that I had was I just purchased the Alan Tani newell kit (the anodized side plates for the 454 size that he sold a little while back.  It was the kit with all the different colors red, blue, gold......if I remember it was made by the Cortez crew.)  I don't know if I can ONLY use a 400 series bridge set or if I can also use a 300 and 200 series bridge set.  Thank you very much, Grant Hernandez 

Swami805

I think those are the plates Bryan Young made. I think you'll need a 400 bridge,at least for the shift lever but I could be wrong. I've been trying to find a few levers for a couple projects  but no luck so far. The best bridge to use is from a no letter 400 series with 2 dogs if you can find one but not all no letters have them. Any 400 bridge should work though. A 200 bridge won't work
Do what you can with that you have where you are

makana59

Thank you very much for the reply. And now the hunt begins.

Yogi_fish808

A good route would be to look for a deal on a 440 and use the internals. A P440 might be the one to look for since you'll be able to sell your spare parts more easily since it'll have a lot of useful spares like stainless bearing cups, clicker, aluminum spool/frame, etc.

reel man

The bridge plate for the 300 & 400 series are identical except for the jack handle. As a side note your bridge/gear sleeve from the later 300/400 series are not the same as the older P series.

Bryan Young

Hi Grant, 

Can you post a picture of the side plate kit that you purchased so that I can give you the correct recommendation?  I sold both 300 series and 400 series kits thus far.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D