Started by alantani, October 26, 2018, 05:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R46chevy

Damn Bill, best of treatments. 🙏

Asking around for a fill

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Bill Karr on August 19, 2019, 10:33:44 PM
Room for Someone New!
I have to bow out of this years trip. Seems that the throat cancer has migrated a bit and although all looks promising, I cannot go this year. I have to get an infusion every 21 days-not 20 and not 22! Since that would probably be about 400 miles out, it won't work.
I hope someone who's been reading this board jumps at the chance. That's what I did the first time and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Alan will have plenty of gear so just bring enough booze. Best of luck to all of you, I look forward to your report.
Bill

Bill, I hope that your recovery is as quick and discomfort-free as possible. 

Bryan Young

God speed for you recovery Bill.

Alan, what is the cost?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

the boat ride is $2387.50, plus the $360 tip that i collect ahead of time, for a total of $2747.50.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

ok, we are back up to 24.  thanks to tom dembsky!  his brother-in-law, gary phillips, will be joining us!  welcome!!!!

natch!

Any idea on the destination? Guadalupe? South toward the Ridge?

Jack

Bryan Young

Hi Jack,

I wish I knew as well, but looks like we will find out when we get down there. 

I'm bringing a 25#, 30#, 40#, 50#, 60#, 80# and one spinner outfit.  Other than that, I'm not sure what I'm bringing.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

R46chevy

Always fun planning for one of 4 destinations.

Porthos

Quote from: natch! on October 07, 2019, 01:12:14 PM
Any idea on the destination? Guadalupe? South toward the Ridge?

Jack

Bring it all, Jack, bring it all!!!

:D

Keta

My friend Mike is bringing a lot of gear, he was the owner of a tackle shop in the greater Portland area.  He plans on bringing well over my personal "limit" of 10 rigs.

Have a safe and productive trip, wish I could be there.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

natch!

OK, Wai
I just dug out my steelhead gear. Think we'll head north?

Jack

alantani

R46chevy

Got the mustad order on time.

natch!

my guess is 40lb is the sweet spot. i'm concentrating there, and also bringing a rod each for 30lb bait, small jigs, 50 lb bait and yoyo, 1 for wahoo bombs, 80 ???

Jack

Bryan Young

I caught my 28# wahoo on an Andros 5ii with a 30# top shot and a prototype jig stick...  I'm sure I could have brought in a larger fish with that set up.  It was gaffed in about 5 minutes once I discovered that I had low gear and winched that baby in after a couple of runs.  I was lucky that it didn't run straight to the boat when I was in low gear.  I don't think I would have thought that fast to change gears at the time.