alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial a conversation with jerry brown, president of jb line one spectra
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 16, 2018, 08:53:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a conversation with jerry brown, president of jb line one spectra  (Read 1104 times)
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 07:31:12 AM »

Nope - the company is still listed as being in Oregon but no website. Maybe Lee has extra info?
Another site that's disappeared is Paulus line testing (Oz) - there was a great deal of useful stuff on that site.

Jerry's website was never up to speed and I'd bet he shut it down.  He is still around and living a few miles up the Rogue River from Gold Hill, OR.

I just recieved some 60 lb hollow braid. I had a hard time inserting the needle. I Would hate to see the 40 lb it would be very tough getting the needle started.

Mike

I have small needles and have no problem with 60# hollow.  JB hollow 40# is expensive so I use 40# POP Ace Hollow, and like it.  I have used JB 40# hollow and it is easy to work with.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:35:01 AM by Keta » Logged

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »

I just recieved some 60 lb hollow braid. I had a hard time inserting the needle. I Would hate to see the 40 lb it would be very tough getting the needle started.

Mike

mike, i had a horrible time with the different colors of 60 pound jb hollow, but the white was ok.  when you come over for the fishing trip, i can show you what i do. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
mikeysm

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »

My eye sight isn't so good and I have to stab at it. But I got the job done. Alan are you able to put line on the 20/0  or is it to big.

Mike
JayMak79

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 05:56:23 PM »

I have bulk spools of JB 65 and 80 lb solid braid that I can splice loops and hollow core into, has any one else tried this? If there is interest I can upload a tutorial
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 06:28:06 PM »

Bring the reel. If my winder can't handle it,  no one's can.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: