Hints for New & Veteran Posters — and, Welcome!

Started by foakes, October 27, 2018, 06:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Some informational hints and guidelines for new (and veteran) Alan Tani Reel Repair posters —

All are welcomed and encouraged to join — this is not an exclusive or cliquish group. 

The purpose of this angling group is to promote and educate folks about how to primarily service, repair, and upgrade their fishing reels.

Our Founder, Alan Tani, started this website over 10 years ago — and is our leader, Administrator, and (Boss).

Alan is also a devoted family man, a Doctor, an expert angler, as well as one of the foremost and knowledgeable experts on reel repair and service in the world.

He has established this website that gets nearly 3,000,000 hits a month (world-wide, 24/7) at his own personal expense — and all with no advertising or pop-ups — now or ever.

There are only a few rules — and they are simple and basic —

No profanity

No politics or religion

Respect for other's viewpoints and opinions

12 Year Old Rule — meaning, never post anything that you would be uncomfortable letting your 12 year old daughter read

The theme is "Ohana" — which means "Family" in Hawaiian culture.

There are a couple of Assistant Administrators, as well a a small group of worldwide Moderators that monitor and keep everything on the website ship-shape.

There is no cost to join, and there are no dues.  This website is freely offered to a world-wide audience of interested anglers.

All are encouraged to post, ask questions, offer ideas & participate — regardless whether you are brand new to reel service, or an experienced Pro.

Bear in mind, that your questions will be considered and answered by possibly the most diverse and experienced group of anglers in the world.  There will be real people in real time who will offer insights and solutions to any issues regarding reels, tackle, tools, and techniques that you might have.  So when you get the information you need — let everyone know how your projects turned out with photos and a narrative.  Follow up with your results.

So please, treat others with the same respect that you would appreciate if someone was a visitor to your family and home.

Post photos, respond to answers as promptly as possible, keep everyone in the loop so that we all have a chance to see the work you are doing.

This is how we all learn — veterans and newcomers alike.

If a person comes on this Board — studies the posts, listens, participates, and does the recommended work on their reels for a period of (4) months daily — they will know as much or more than most of the reel repair folks who have been doing the work professionally for 10 years, or more.

Welcome aboard!

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Darin Crofton

Thanks for the reminder, Fred, this place rocks! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

alantani

pharmacist, retired, and rapidly forgetting all about those nasty drugs!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

happyhooker

Thank you, Fred, for the refresher. I have enjoyed my membership & the folks I've had contact with.  The "all are welcome" truly means that you need not have any particular education level, whether in fishing or otherwise, and all you really need is a desire to learn and, hopefully, a willingness to share whatever it is you know.

Frank

Tiddlerbasher

Frank

Quote from: alantani on October 27, 2018, 07:48:34 PM
pharmacist, retired, and rapidly forgetting all about those nasty drugs!   ;D

Good for you, Alan. I have been retired for 11 years and there hasn't been one day yet that I missed work.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.