What to do if you are a reel guy & you want a reel REALLY serviced - Alan Tani

Started by mmayo, April 13, 2020, 11:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

I service all my reels after each trip.  I have videos showing how to do very useful ten minute services on many Avet reels.  No, every bearing and screw are not completely torn down, but enough service is done so they work very well every trip. Some of my Avets are over ten years old and perform flawlessly every year on every fish.

I wanted my two largest reels a EX50 SDS and an EX30 FULLY serviced so I turned to Alan.  He does more than anybody I know and I'm not sure how he makes any money.  The end result is all line is perfect, all bearings are perfect, everything is fresh, clean and greased.  The drag curve has been modified and designated on the reel near the drag lever.  When fishing is back I'll be ready and confident.

Thanks Alan for work very well done.
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

alantani

you're welcomed, but sorry about the handle that was bent during shipping.  i thought i had packed them tight enough, but obviously not.  send the handle back and let me see what i can do.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mmayo

No worries and no handle will be coming back as I safely fixed it. It spins well without any binding.

Thanks again for doing wonderful work on my reels.  Come on tuna!
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

JohnMckroid

Quote from: mmayo on April 13, 2020, 11:09:29 PM
I service all my reels after each trip.  I have videos showing how to do very useful ten minute services on many Avet reels.  No, every bearing and screw are not completely torn down, but enough service is done so they work very well every trip. Some of my Avets are over ten years old and perform flawlessly every year on every fish.

I wanted my two largest reels a EX50 SDS and an EX30 FULLY serviced so I turned to Alan.  He does more than anybody I know and I'm not sure how he makes any money.  The end result is all line is perfect, all bearings are perfect, everything is fresh, clean and greased.  The drag curve has been modified and designated on the reel near the drag lever.  When fishing is back I'll be ready and confident.

Thanks Alan for work very well done.

Thank you for posting your youtube videos, I have watched them prior to doing my first Avet maintenances.  Appreciated.