Seems Like Less People Posting

Started by Frank, October 29, 2018, 06:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Is it me or is there a lot less members involved in this board?
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

alantani

hard to say.  we're still at over 2 million hits per month, which only matters to godaddy because we're swallowing up so much bandwidth.  as far as actually numbers go, scroll down to the bottom of the first page and click on  "More Stats" and it will take you to the page that shows all of our numbers.  i think they have this page for advertisers that want to know how much traffic we're getting.  lucky for us, we don't have advertisers! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Frank

Ron Jones

A big chunk of the regulars have been doing quite a bit of fishing lately, that tends to slow things down.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Frank

Quote from: Ron Jones on October 30, 2018, 05:20:05 AM
A big chunk of the regulars have been doing quite a bit of fishing lately, that tends to slow things down.
The Man

That make sense, Ron. Didn't think of that.

Alto Mare

The Man

I would call that a small chunk ;D
This is what I think and what I personally do.
Most regulars are still here monitoring the site in case their input is needed, they're just sitting back to give the new members a chance to participate.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Could be, just waiting to see ;) ;D...........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Steve-O

Okay....I admit it...I've been posting less. :(

But my all reels are in tippy top shape and getting more action than my visits and posts on AT.com  ;D

Fishing is winding down here as the cooler weather arrives but we have a new bait rule in 2019 - Corn becomes legal bait again statewide.

Carp beware! the clock is ticking.

Donnyboat

I believe most of the new members are doing a good job, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

foakes

From Sal —

Most regulars are still here monitoring the site in case their input is needed, they're just sitting back to give the new members a chance to participate.

Sal

—————————————-

I happen to know what Sal sez is exactly true — but I can only speak for myself...

Our site is based on helping each other to understand and learn more about maintaining fishing tackle.

Not on who posts the most — or other such yardsticks.

Each of us who take this board seriously — and try to do their best to offer sound posts and advice — has a responsibility to encourage others to post (newcomers and veterans alike).

Nothing makes me prouder — then welcoming a new member who studies the posts — then becomes s knowledgeable poster in their own area.

Some folks style is to respond or comment on every post — and that is perfectly good.

In my case, I have a little knowledge in certain specialty areas when it comes to some of the older stuff — Penn's, Mitchell's, DAM Quicks, ABU's, Daiwa's, and a few others.  

So I offer what I can in those areas, and a few others.

Along with that goes a volunteer responsibility to help manage and moderate this board — along with a few other very capable Admin's & Moderators worldwide.

Sometimes, as I look into the mirror — I seem to wish that "others" would do more in our world that needs to be done.  However, as I have grown up by and by — I have realized that is but a cop-out.  Sometimes, it is the person in the mirror that is ready and expected to take up the causes and the rudder — even if they don't know it yet.

That is how we all grow — one day at a time, one brick set in place atop the last — now is the time...

So dive in — we are all still here for each of you — and will comment accordingly as new posts are created.

Sometimes, we didn't realize that the training wheels were removed — and it is time to just ride the bike to wherever it takes us.

Just my personal opinions...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 30, 2018, 10:41:26 AM
The Man

Sal

I had done that...sometimes life gets in the way...a couple of members I keep in contact with that use to post a lot have moved houses, jobs, had kids, etc., but they are still around...just not able to be as active. As Sal and Fred said, I love to see when a new guy, like Chad, for instance, comes in with some creative stuff we haven't seen before. To me one of the most interesting things of the site are that it generates discussion...maybe a thread gets highjacked here or there, but I enjoy seeing where the things go...

David Hall

lets see, I put a new roof on my house, tore out all the paving in my front yard, put in a new sidewalk and driveway approach yesterday.  forming a retaining wall and driveway, to pour Thursday morning, pour new sidewalks Friday morning, grade and install new turf next week.  still managing to get an odd day on the water.  Hoping to get out tomorrow for the last day of 2018 Salmon Season. picked up a few new parts from Randy, Lou, Tom, and Ted and Adam for a couple of winter builds.  getting my garage/shop converted to the family holiday dining room for thanksgiving celebration.  I still manage to log in here two or three times most days.  oh and least I forget I still work at my regular job almost everyday but its slowing down to.  that's where I get all the time to work on my place, that and the fact that Im not actually doing any of the work.  I get to clean the concrete tools, run for materials and do site cleanup, which is what Im avoiding right now, its 45 degrees outside! im gonna let the sun warm things up to at least 50 before I go out there.

sdlehr

I admit to being worked to death the last few months, with significant (good) family events also keeping me otherwise occupied and away from the keyboard, but I do pop in and out and generally monitor the stuff for which I am most responsible. Before I visited daily, perhaps multiple times in a day, now its every few days.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 30, 2018, 10:41:26 AM
The Man

Sal

I agree with Sal. It's been decent weather now for at least 6 months so a good share of us non-business reel repair people have been concentrating on taking advantage of the seasons. I check in a couple times a day to see what's going on and offer help if needed but there hasn't been a lot of spinning reel posts lately and most of those that have occurred aren't requesting much help that hasn't already been addressed.

I know in my own case, I haven't touched a reel for disassembly since early May, and to make matters worse I've got 4 torn down soaking in lacquer thinner since May just waiting for me to come back to finish and put them together. It will be cold outside soon enough so I'm concentrating on outside weather related projects for another month or so, then I'll dive back into restoring all those crates of vintage spinners just waiting for my attention and fondling.  ;D

Mean while, if any body comes along with a serious vintage spinner problem I'll be checking in to comment or help if I can. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Tightlines667

I have been posting less, but still rrading all the posts I can and staying available to provide input if desired/needed.  I was traveling for work, and on my annual hunting trip, now my boat is in dry dock for a long period.. so I've been busy and will remain so.  Last year I fished over 1000hrs, which definately reduced the number of my posts. 

I still visit the site daily, and plan to continue to do so.

Great site!

Great people!

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.