Seems Like Less People Posting

Started by Frank, October 29, 2018, 06:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Now I'm seeing some old familiar names. :) Sometimes it can be hard to offer help on here due to the rapid response of members. Not complaining, this is a good thing. I tend to hold back replying when the answer has already been given. I see no point in redundancy.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Reel 224

As for me, I'm retired and can visit every time I get a break or just sit back and have time to read. Sometime I'll comment other times I just concede to other more knowledgeable members.

For what it's worth, I treat this site like an organization with many members that have the same voice as I do no matter what I think I know or not. But try to respect others opinion when it's done with respect to me or other members of Alan's site.

Joe     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

I observe, respond, whatever is approriate, to any post. If I don't I aint got nuffing to say :-\ I guess ;)

happyhooker

Quote from: David Hall on October 30, 2018, 04:04:42 PM
lets see, I put a new roof on my house, tore out all the paving in my front yard, put in a new sidewalk and driveway approach yesterday.  forming a retaining wall and driveway, to pour Thursday morning, pour new sidewalks Friday morning, grade and install new turf....

Slow time, eh?

Frank

SoCalAngler

I try to post where it is only appropriate now. When I first started I'm sure I may have gotten to posts where my input was not that special. To me that really helps know one.

After several years here and my posts went missing many times, with no explanation after I spent hours in research I ask myself why should I keep this up?

I asked the Mods several times where my post went? And just not one post but a several and their answer was, "I don't know".

I was even asked to leave the site one time until a mod reviewed the content of a post. WTF someone else was out of line and I'm asked to leave?

That was cleared up pretty quickly and I get the mods are not paid and do there best and I salute that. But why should I take the time to post something that may be helpful...maybe not not, just to see it gone?

Frank, I think you asked a very good question.

But with 222 posts by you and why has this site lost members with 1,000 or more is confusing to me? Why do you think it is?

I know all the mods do the best you can do, and this is not a business and I get that and respect it. But for me I have to post less, do to some silliness that can't or wont be explained to me. 

Reel 224

I think that I have figured that out for myself, but it's not worth turning this site in turmoil for someone or a few that are here to argue over childish issues. I am here to consume as much information as possible, and if on the way I can pass a little information on. Well I think that is what this site was devolved for.

Lots of good people here so I don't let the bad spoil the good. I have learned that on this site at 72. Yes you can learn life's little lesson here to.

I almost called it quits a little while ago, What a stooped mistake that would have been. I do not look how people take my words anymore because I know they were honest and meant well. So I say ether take it or leave it.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

redsetta

I feel privileged to be able to 'hang out at Alan's' whenever I'm able, even if I'm not participating in the conversation  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Frank

"Frank, I think you asked a very good question.

But with 222 posts by you and why has this site lost members with 1,000 or more is confusing to me? Why do you think it is?"

Hi SoCal. Not sure why it is but it's something I've seen happen on other good sites. Senior members start to disappear and all that knowledge goes with it.

I don't see Mike, bluefish69 or Dwight, Newell Nut posting as well as others and it bothers me a bit. It may well just be my paranoia.

I assure you that there is nothing sinister about my post, just concerned.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

oc1

People come and people go.  People lurk and people post.  People get busy and people get bored.

That MORE STATS page is really interesting...... for those of us who are bored  :)

-steve

Caranx

Could be seasonal.
Hunting season right now so I go on to the hunting sites more.
Don't need to repair reels for now since the surf is up and the weather is bad.
Wish I could fish though. For me, I could fish year round but it's up to Mother Nature, and not fish management here.

swill88

Quote from: redsetta on October 31, 2018, 06:20:58 AM
I feel privileged to be able to 'hang out at Alan's' whenever I'm able, even if I'm not participating in the conversation  ;) ;D

X2...

also, I talk too much so I like it here 8) 8) 8)

steve