love to be on the water.... plus kid's Halloween party

Started by steelfish, October 30, 2018, 11:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well, I've been through a fishing hiatus for little bit more of 4 months,  Yaaik!!  
between regular work, life, vacations, extremely hot summer, etc that keep me out from fishing for that time, I actually have a plan since few weeks ago to go fishing on the 2nd week of november, so, without any plan to be on the water soon I was seeing a movie with my kids on saturday night  when outta the blue, my friend called me to invite me to go fishing on the local bay which is 10 minutes from my house, he wanted to take his young boy (8yo) to fish but I had a kid's halloween party at my work place at 2pm so, it was hard for me to make it but he told me it would be just a quick trip from 8am to 11am, so I accepted, another friend joined us and took his grandkid too.
man, I love how unexpected trips always ended up been better than planned trips.

on local waters we are "orange mouth curvina" season http://catalinaop.com/Wholesale/yellow-mouth-corvina/#.W9jpUntKiUk, which is the little brother of the white SeaBass, its a small but delicious fish with a regular size of 12" - 15" but some can grow as big as 25" but is really rare to catch them as big so, light tackle is prefered to have bit of fun, I took my Komodo 364 on a okuma shadow stalker inshore rod 8ft and a solterra10cs on a 7.6ft musky rod, those curvinas were no contest for those combos but fishing double on a inshore rod was pretty fun.

here some pics

since is pretty near from the launching ramp Marina, the two kids and myself were aboard the panga while been haul to the ramp.

to the water we went

here is my friend and his kiddo with a curvina

a regular sized curvina on the solterra and musky rod, the combo was nice but kind of overkill for those fish

so, I better switched to the inshore combo and it was a game changer, those little demons really put a bend on the rod
(maybe because it was a double hook-up)

here are some of my friends and their kiddos putting some fish on the ice chest

then I got another good one that was taking some line, a small adjusment on the drag star and it was game over for the fish

soooo, I dont think it can be any better than this, a relaxing time to cure all worries and start a new day fresh.

then a lady on a panga next to us started screaming, the pangero (deckhand) helped the lady to reel and showed this fish to us,
a whiteGhost aka White SeaBass just next to us.

we trolled for a bit trying to catch a different fish but no avail

so, called a day at 11:45am to clean the fish and continue with the rest of the Sunday family matters

The Baja Guy

alantani

nice report.  great looking panga!!!!!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Way to go Alex.  It is always fun to fish with kids and catch fish so they are not bored.  Good job.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on October 30, 2018, 11:56:07 PM
nice report.  great looking panga!!!!!  ;D

Yep,  my friend have his panga modified to be more comfy for Sport fishing , with flat floor, center console, live well and seats
The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: Dominick on October 31, 2018, 01:40:03 AM
Way to go Alex.  It is always fun to fish with kids and catch fish so they are not bored.  Good job.  Dominick

It was a steady bite for at least 90 minutes  , none of the kids got bored at all , got our lĂ­mit and continued with C&R
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Great report,,,and nice fishing gear ;D

Reel 224

Nice post Alex, The children is all it's about! I like to see there smiles...................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

Captain64-200

Nice report , corvinas can put a good fight on light tackle  and are excellent to eat as well . :)  Kids are happy !
Fred from Biarritz ,

Hardy Boy

Nice job great report. Wishing I was in Mexico right now looking esp. since I'm looking out at the rain.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Steve-O

Way to go, Alex!

I use my Komodo in Alaska every year and locally for big Carp. Most of my gear is either Okuma or Abu Garcia...good stuff!

Thanks for sharing some warm water fishing adventures with us! ;D

Keta

The Sea of Cortez looks flat, thanks for the photos.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Frank

Thanks for the pictures, Alex. Very soothing. That Panga is pretty cool!
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

steelfish

Quote from: steelfish on October 30, 2018, 11:48:50 PM
........my friend called me to invite me to go fishing.............. but I had a kid's halloween party at my work place at 2pm so, it was hard for me to make it but he told me it would be just a quick trip from 8am to 11am, so I accepted

you do guys remember that part?

well, here are some pics of the Halloween party that I attended with my kids after fishing in the morning, it was fun as always, the party is organized by my company for the kids of the employees, the kids need to dress a costume, there were some co-workers that dressed as superheroes and prepared some games for the kids, the final act for the kids is to "act" as their costume character to scare the judges and win a special prize.

my kids were dressed as "old-fashioned Vampire" and the older as a "crazy Doctor"

a picture of the group.

at the end of the event they waited in line to for their turn to get the candies

and thats how I ended the day ..

wait.. I left the fish on the ice chest to fillet them after the party !!   :o

Yep, I still had some work to do to finish the day, the cutting board is 17x12 so, you can some reference

and now, that's how I ended the day finally  ;D
exhausted but happy  :)
The Baja Guy