love to be on the water.... plus kid's Halloween party

Started by steelfish, October 30, 2018, 11:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Alex you are a happy and lucky man.  Thanks for sharing that party.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rivverrat

Nice post. Alex post all the pics of panga boats you can.

I think an 18' -  20' panga would a very useful boat for me.

I'll have one some day... Jeff

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on November 02, 2018, 01:14:34 AM
Nice post. Alex post all the pics of panga boats you can.
I think an 18' -  20' panga would a very useful boat for me.
I'll have one some day... Jeff

I have tons from my fishing trips, its the only kind of boat we use locally, I dont have any rich friend with a nice shiny 2018 sportfishing boat, even local charters offer their services on modified pangas, which are the same panga models used for commercial fishing with few mods to make them more comfy, I will post some pics in few days just for you compadre.

PS: didnt knew a panga would be a nice boat for your kind of fishing, I though you were after those flat sporty bass boats

Quote from: Dominick on November 01, 2018, 08:18:18 PM
Alex you are a happy and lucky man.  Thanks for sharing that party.  Dominick
thanks Dominicko, really appreciate it cuz I do feel blessed with my family
The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Rivverrat

Quote from: steelfish on November 02, 2018, 01:36:24 AM

PS: didnt knew a panga would be a nice boat for your kind of fishing, I though you were after those flat sporty bass

Cant really tolerate a flat hulled boat. Like a boat with rounded chines & slight radius in the bottom.

All my life I've heard how flat bottom Jon boats are best at running shallow water. Might be true if if your not
running an outboard... Jeff

Gobi King

Nice, great memories,

Good fillet job with that serrated knife, that knife looks sharp.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

conchydong

Great job Alex. You have so much to be thankful for.

Scott

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on November 01, 2018, 01:56:49 PM
The Sea of Cortez looks flat, thanks for the photos.
Lee, its not always like this, my friend told me he checked the weather out and saw the winds will be really calm, so he told his son this will be the chance to take him fishing.

Quote from: Steve-O on November 01, 2018, 01:52:10 PM
Way to go, Alex!
I use my Komodo in Alaska every year and locally for big Carp. Most of my gear is either Okuma or Abu Garcia...good stuff!
Thanks for sharing some warm water fishing adventures with us! ;D

thats good to know SteveO, I really trust the new okuma gear, I have 3 reels and one rod Okuma and like them a lot, I was after getting more
okuma rods, but the rodbuilding bug bit me hard and now Im building my own rods  ;)

Quote from: Gobi King on November 02, 2018, 01:49:07 PM
Nice, great memories,
Good fillet job with that serrated knife, that knife looks sharp.
I bought that serrated knife just for cut the tail, head and collars since sometimes I found those jobs hard to do with my smaller filleting knife, but for my surprise it has enough flex to fillet the meat from the bones almost as good as my proper filleting knife, a $5 dlls bargain found on one of the many outlets stores, hopefully last for more than 5 fishing trips  ;D ;D
The Baja Guy