New Orleans, La. checking in...

Started by SuperDave4x4, October 31, 2018, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDave4x4

I wanted to stop in and say hello from New Orleans... The world wide web and TheHullTruth brought me here due to my sickness of not being able to leave anything unmodified... haha

Looking to beef up my bone stock, like new Penn 113H. I fish the oil rigs off the coast of Grand Isle, La. and would like for my 113H to be a little more competitive. I've began talking with Alan Chui about one of his gear sets with the drag upgrade and sleeve once they become available again. With that being said I still have a lot of reading to do over on the Senator forum it appears...

Once the 113H is where I want it I have several TLD25s that need to be "tightened" up a little and I've already found Tani's post to help me with that.

Anyways, I'm hoping to learn and contribute to the forum in the near future!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Dave!

Look forward to seeing your posts and your work.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

Welcome Dave from the San Joaquin Valley.

steve

Benni3

alantani

welcome!  lots of help is available here.  just let us know!!!! alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Welcome Dave.  Don't spend too much money.  Don't let these guys talk you into anything...before you know it, you could open $600 on that reel. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Darin Crofton

Welcome, Dave! Love fishing out of Venice, LA, the fishing there is like other.
You have a great backyard! Good luck with the 113h, you're in the right
place to get all the parts/info the make it a Tank! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

scrinch

Quote from: SuperDave4x4 on October 31, 2018, 01:14:02 PM
...gear sets with the drag upgrade and sleeve ...

Welcome to the forum, Dave. You've got the right idea for the most important 113H upgrades. You might also add a power handle. Good luck!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jason_purdy

Welcome Dave! This a great site with loads of information and better people. And Who Dat brother! I may be in DC, but I bleed Black and Gold.

-Jason

bhale1

SuperDave4x4

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 31, 2018, 07:53:26 PM
Welcome Dave.  Don't spend too much money.  Don't let these guys talk you into anything...before you know it, you could open $600 on that reel. 

haha! Yes, it can get expensive....quick!! My plan for this 113H is the Pro Challenger gear set, SS Double Dog bridge plate, SS Sleeve, handle upgrade (not sure which one), a Tiburon Narrow frame and spool. I have the PC gear set on order, but nothing else just yet. If yall have any other recommendations then I'm all ears. I would rather buy the best now so I don't have to worry later when I'm out on the boat. I need this reel to be a 'tank' in order to keep amberjack and massive red snapper from pulling me into the oil rigs.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome! I'll post pictures once I start receiving parts!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !