alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial I would like some recommendations for a dehooking tool
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
November 20, 2018, 09:38:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like some recommendations for a dehooking tool  (Read 849 times)
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »

Thanks Steve.  I knew about foreign matter from fish stab wounds.  You'd think that swimming around in salt water would be sterile.  Butt no...Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
swill88
Photo Group

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2018, 04:40:14 PM »

Is there a 'spine proof' glove?

Steve

Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2018, 07:29:32 PM »

Thanks Steve.  I knew about foreign matter from fish stab wounds.  You'd think that swimming around in salt water would be sterile.  Butt no...Dominick
Just diffrent kinds of microbes.

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Swami805

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2018, 08:10:47 PM »

I keep a bottle of hydrogen peroxide with my tackle. Even line cuts can get nasty when fish slime is added. Many species of fish have a bit of toxic material on the spines,some worse than others. Very hot water can help as soon as it happens but on a boat that can be a problem. The peroxide won't help that.
steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 01:16:40 PM »

I keep a bottle of hydrogen peroxide with my tackle. Even line cuts can get nasty when fish slime is added. Many species of fish have a bit of toxic material on the spines,some worse than others. Very hot water can help as soon as it happens but on a boat that can be a problem. The peroxide won't help that.

compadre Sheridan, I read that its a good idea to have a small bottle of bleach or even chloride wipes on the boat to clean any cut or fish bite as soon as it happen

Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »

I use an old golf club.....cut off the head and insert piece round metal stock bent in J form, and cement in with epoxy

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 02:37:44 PM »

I got the de hooker from Keta.  She be fulla mojo.   Cheesy Thanks Lee.  Dominick
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:38:18 PM by Dominick » Logged

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2018, 03:02:58 PM »

Any time.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
conchydong

Pompano Beach, FL

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 04:11:16 PM »

compadre Sheridan, I read that its a good idea to have a small bottle of bleach or even chloride wipes on the boat to clean any cut or fish bite as soon as it happen

When I was a kid and went with my uncle commercial fishing for Yellowtail Snapper with handlines, we would soak our hands in water mixed with bleach to prevent infection. It seemed to work back then.
gstours
Sensei

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2018, 09:46:52 AM »

You want to prevent an infection period... I always have a plastic bottle of rubbing alcohol in the cabin, and a spray bottle od 50-50 water and clorox on the deck.   its the 151 under the skipper seat,  its usually low or out. Huh?
  Sometimes antiseptic ointments are good insurance if you have to tape up a cut or wound.  Waterproof tape and steril pads.  Then if on a finger or palm put on a xx large latex glove on to keep the wound clean and dry.  THEN go back to fishing !!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: