whittierte

Started by Frank, November 01, 2018, 02:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I have purchased screws, dog springs and other items from this ebayer and I have to tell you it's been a total pleasure. Glad to see they are keeping the Newell faith alive!
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

bluefish69

I have been dealing with him about a year. Always good

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Frank

Hey Mikey, you're back! Good. we need some more Nor'easter's to represent.

bluefish69

I'm here every day. I check 2-3 times a day. There are enough Newell guys here so I'm quite. If I have to I jump in.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

reel man

Whittierte has filled a much needed void in my Newell inventory. Good to see more producers for parts that very hard to acquire.

Swami805

I've bought  a fair amount of parts too to keep on hand all the things I was hoarding as unobtainium or you can find but only in large quantities. Be nice to find shift levers in stainless that didn't cost a fortune. One of the beauties of Newell s is the parts interchangeability between models
Thanks for making this stuff available
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Frank

A lot of whittierte's items are made by Tom Hryniuk/Cortez Conversions. Can't get any better then that! I would like to see stainless snap in bearing buttons for the S Series right bearing cover. Newell made these for awhile to replace the plastic one. Plastic one shown below:

vilters

thanks for posting that Frank, I had wondered about that - I've got one with the stainless cap. didn't know the plastic button was removeable. and yes, great these parts are being made available, hopefully more to come...

Frank

Glad it was helpful! Yes, you can pop them out using a punch from the inside. Just a light tap.

vilters

this one

Newell Nut

If you look at a schematic that comes in each box the instructions tell you to push the cap out with a screwdriver inserted through the bearing. Then push against the bearing from the outside to get the bearing out. I have been successful using a puller and not risking breaking the plastic piece.
Dwight

Frank

Fishead

Where can I get that stainless cap. I don't like the plastic there. I could use a stainless bearing cap for clicker side too.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Swami805

whittierte has the clicker side, don't know about the other side, I could use a few if they turn up.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain