Has anyone heard reports from friends on the Dungeness Cab season after a day?

Started by JoseCuervo, November 05, 2018, 12:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoseCuervo

I was happy to hear there wasn't (soo far) the usual delay for toxicity or a fight over price for the upcoming commercial season.

I am really looking forward to bringing some home in about 5 weeks...

Rob

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeness_crab

I didn't know this.. "Its common name comes from the port of Dungeness, Washington."

:o  Dungeness crabs have recently been found in the Atlantic Ocean, far from their known range, raising concern about their possible effects on the local wildlife.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

JoseCuervo

Thanks for that link Dominick, they look very large and clean. I love crab!

David Hall

buddy of mine had an 18 per pot average on overnight soak.  id say that's pretty good. a lot better than anything in Monterey bay

Dominick

SF Chronicle said every crab rock fish combo limited out on both fish and crabs over the weekend.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

The Dungeness is a good eating Crab.
They were available around here last year, but I haven't seen any since.
You don't have to work so hard and the meat is delicious.
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Dungeness crab are a total nuisance around here. Dang crab pots in all the good fishing spots, and no shortage of derelict pots with no bouy showing. My downriggers don't like crab pots. Around here the ones crabbing are the ones that can't catch salmon...lol......now you know why I don't like Dungeness !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!