Pink lady complete

Started by Reel 224, November 05, 2018, 07:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Final results of the pink lady for Ruth. I put in about 16hours to assemble and reassemble and fine tune this reel, it turned out excellent. Ruth said it is like a peace of jewellery with the pearl handle.

Ruth is extremely happy, as I am. Cortez Conversion plates, Pro challenger JM500X DD set, Tiburon frame and spool, and Sal's Pearl handle.

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

xjchad

That is a thing of beauty!  :o
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Swami805

I would have never thought those pink sideplates would look but that looks fantastic. The white handle really sets it off and the silver frame really works well. Beautiful reel
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Darin Crofton

That is one beautiful reel, great job, Joe! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

mizmo67

Wow, pretty! So glad Ruth likes her new reel :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

thorhammer

Clearly, Ande classic pink is your line. nice work.

Rivverrat

Yes, Ande Pink would be nice.

I love Ande line... Jeff

RowdyW

Pink braid will work too. And might cast better.      Rudy

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on November 05, 2018, 08:02:15 PM
Clearly, Ande classic pink is your line. nice work.
Quote from: Rivverrat on November 05, 2018, 08:06:17 PM
Yes, Ande Pink would be nice.

I love Ande line... Jeff

That reel looks killer Joe. Without a doubt...pink Ande is the line for that reel. I use pink Ande on my Surfmaster 100, my 309, a Levelmatic 930, and my Shimano Bantam 50. I used it on my pier fishing trip too...had pink Ande 20lb. on that old Shakespeare  Sea Wonder. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

👍👍... two thumbs up! That is one gorgeous reel Joe!
Fred was correct, that color knob compliments that reel nicely.
Ande is a good choice, that's what I use. I would say 20lb on that baby and you're set.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Beautiful reel Joe.  One correction: That's a Penn spool.

Reel 224

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on November 05, 2018, 08:56:00 PM
Beautiful reel Joe.  One correction: That's a Penn spool.

Oops well it's the right spool and works great with little adjustment using two spacers on the none handle side. I think I will put Andi pink on it 25#.

Joe

P.S.- Ruth was reading this along with me and she said maybe someone will make that for a wife or girl friend, or even a daughter.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mo65

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 05, 2018, 08:52:12 PM
Fred was correct, that color knob compliments that reel nicely.

I agree...that knob came out fantastic Sal. That's a look that should pair well with many reels.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Reel 224

Guys I'll give anybody credit for that knob, but I picked the marble white. ;) ;D..........................Joe

1badf350

I gotta admit I was skeptical, but WOW that looks great! I agree, pink Ande.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"