The Pink Lady JigMaster 500

Started by Reel 224, October 23, 2018, 08:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

This Pink Lady gives two BIG thumbs up! It's a beauty for sure. 

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Reel 224

Thank you Aiala Ruth and I appreciate your approval very much.......................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Decker

steelhead_killer

><)))">

STRIPER LOU

Great Joe!

You'll have to mix her up a Pink Lady to go along with the reel when you give it to her.

.................Lou

Reel 224

The project is on hold right now, I am waiting for parts to be made and discovered It will take awhile. Some of the parts I have to make myself.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Update: I started fitting parts in the preliminary build to see how things are fitting. So far I can see little problem with parts, the JM55X DD bridge and gear set is very strong when put to test with drag at half...........It's the eared drag system with three keyed washers no eared washers. The SS gears are pretty noisy but that doesn't make me feel that it is going to be a problem when fishing it, unless the fish are effected by it. :D

I packed the bearings with Yamaha Grease using Alan's bearing packer. The clutch system seems a little sluggish, I think I bent the clutch  spring out of shape muscling it in the slot. It is a PITA. All the rest of the assembly was easy. I waiting to get a new handle and arm, and a star from Adam. AS soon as I get it finished I am taking Ruth Fishing with it for Tog.

Joe

Fishy247

Alto Mare

Is this what you had in mind Joe?

I wasn't sure about white, now thanks to you a couple of my personal reels will have these...love it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Yes Sal; that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.........................Joe

Reel 224

Something I noticed yesterday with the Delrin under gear washer. It was starting to shred at the edge, I think the gear sleeve anti reverse gear is rough at the edges, so I have to check that out when taking down the reel..................Joe 

Bryan Young

Quote from: Reel 224 on October 23, 2018, 09:23:42 PM
That girl has more reels then I have :o something is wrong with that picture.                                                 

Could be worse. She could be buying purses or shoes😁
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

I don't mind the shoes so much, but Ruth is always out fishing me ;D Ruth is a farm girl and wears western boots or sneakers. Some times Ruth is in bare feet cleaning stalls maybe that has something to do with fishing, if you flow my meaning ;) ;D.....................Joe