Pure Fishing sold

Started by MarkT, November 08, 2018, 04:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

From Wired2Fish...
"Newell brands as part of its massive overhaul of its company, sold Pure Fishing for $1.3 billion to New York-based Sycamore Partners private equity group. Sycamore Partners does not hold any other businesses in the outdoors recreation space.
Pure Fishing had net sales from it's top lines (Penn, Abu Garcia, Berkley) of $556 million in 2017 according to the report."
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

philaroman

HALLELUJAH!!!  maybe the new owners won't be the tackle Antichrist

Ron Jones

This may not be great news. Private equity groups hold even less sacred than corporations. A lot of product may cease to exist that traditionalists on this sight like to have around.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

RowdyW

Some companies are just corporate raiders and just sell off the pieces for a quick profit. Time will tell.          Rudy

Shark Hunter

I don't know what to think of it.
First thing that comes to mind is Mystic parts.
Hopefully this doesn't effect their business too much.
They are good people and I use them when I need to because they are always there.
Maureen is like the Allstate Commercial. I know I am in good hands every time. ;)
Life is Good!

Gfish

Alright," Maureen, the Penn parts-good hands lady"

"Private equity group". Sounds kinda ominous...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dominick

Mystic should be okay as long as they can source the parts.  If Penn decides to no longer make parts and there is a market other manufacturers will take up the slack.  My opinion for what it's worth.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Yes Well, its Mystic for me, Maureen is always so helpful, when I am placing orders, & her emails come in all hours, I dont think she ever sleeps, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

Rivverrat

My initial feelings are that I dont like this & expect the worse. However the sane thing to do is wait & see. While I purchase the US made Penns I've wanted that are in present production ... Jeff