Right place, right time!!! Jigmaster Magnum

Started by Petah, November 08, 2018, 05:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petah

So, I was at Fisherman's Supplies in Lawndale shooting the breeze with Ti (the owner). I was sorting thru the reel consignment
table when a fully Accuratized jigmaster caught my eye. It was a little dirty and seemed to be in alright condition meaning the handle turned, the spool had decent freespool and it had drag. Asked how much and she said, "$100.00" I gasped and tried to
think of the justifications for my wife as to why I needed it! Well after about an hour walking around the shop and talking story with the reel in my hand I took out $100.00 and said take it before I change my mind. Got home and started to take it apart
to see what I was gonna need and this happened. I almost choked!!!! A Magnum jigmaster for a $100.00 !!!!!!!!!!

Rothmar2

Darin Crofton

That's a great score, you just never know til u know!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Petah

So, I cleaned it up and cannibalized a 113H for the double dog bridge, stainless sleeve and the 7+1 drag stack with the under gear thin washer and carbon fiber disc. It got s.s. hex head screws, an Alan C. handle and knob. Cleaned up pretty good, has a lot of boat rash so this one is gonna be fished until it dies. You just never know what you might find when you least expect it!!!

Swami805

Dang! it looks like accurate gears too. Doesn't get much better than that!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

kmstorm64

Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

David Hall

wow! $300 reel for 1/3 the price, doesn't get any better than that, I use one of these narrowed to 99 size for my local rock fishing.  great score.

Gfish

Um-hmm. That's about what I paid for my J. Magnum, with used plates, frame and spool:$300.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Ron Jones

If those are accurate gears. You got the reel for free.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

David Hall

He got it free no matter what gears are in it.  It's got 4/0 gears and most all of them are steel and great ratios.

sabaman1

Awesome, great score! Reel looks real nice after you cleaned it up. 8)
JIM

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

joel8080

Petah

What size cap head screws did you use, I have the same reel and I want to change the screws to cap head.

joel8080
Oceanside,California

redsetta

Well done Petah - she's a beauty!
Stoked for ya, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Yogi_fish808

Nice score Petah! Finding a magnum jig for sale at all is difficult, getting on for $100...that's like catching lightning. Now, help us get enough orders for a ''super jigmaster'' tiburon kit to be produced for these haha.