Oval Head Hex Drive

Started by Frank, November 10, 2018, 04:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 20, 2018, 03:17:11 AM
Fred: I hope I'm not steeping on toes here. Just my background in Engineering gets in the way ;) ;D......................Joe

Of course not, Joe —

We all have our own styles of doing things.  That is what makes this site interesting. 

Your way is likely better than mine because of your gunsmithing and machinist background.

There is only one destination — but many routes to get there.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Fred: I was comparing apples to Oranges I thing, I was comparing the socket head screw to the screws that you are talking about. My bad. Sorry  :-[

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Frank

Quote from: foakes on November 20, 2018, 02:58:23 AM
Personally, I just like the hex socket because there is less chance of scratching a sideplate or frame when assembling, it is a quicker operation, and it looks cool...the SS is nice also.  A little stronger, and much better paired with upgraded sideplates and frames like Tom's, or Tib's, old Accurates, or others.  There is no goobering of the drive slots — we can torque it exactly where we want it — and it makes a neat and sanitary touch to our reels.

My sentiments exactly!
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.