Why I Like Charter Fishing

Started by Maxed Out, November 11, 2018, 12:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

I always enjoy gazing at the pile of slabs as we motor back in. This charter captain is known for finding better grade of fish than most the fleet.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 14, 2018, 03:03:41 AM
I always enjoy gazing at the pile of slabs as we motor back in.

Those are one of my favorite fish to eat...love 'em! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Thanks for showing us your ideas about experienced Charter Skippers, Ted —

However, I think a true professional as yourself — keeps getting keener by observing others — both about what to do — and what not to do.

We learn from both camps.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

Quote from: foakes on November 14, 2018, 04:23:46 PM
Thanks for showing us your ideas about experienced Charter Skippers, Ted —

However, I think a true professional as yourself — keeps getting keener by observing others — both about what to do — and what not to do.

We learn from both camps.

Best,

Fred

It is always a humbling experience to come back home empty handed when there is fish being caught by others I know.

I felt so ashamed one day, I had asked my brother and his friend "big Steve" to hold up their fish for a picture. They musta thought I was going nuts. I repeated my request to hold up the fish we should have caught....They laughed and held their prized invisible catch for the day.

I was able to redeem myself the next Saturday and this time the fish were not invisible. To this day the invisible fish pic is one of my favorites and always reminds me that catching fish is never a sure thing, but I will never give up trying !!

Ted

handi2

Ted its the same here in the Gulf of Mexico. If you don't have good numbers you ain't catching. A lot is learned on technique also. Ive pulled up to a well known Snapper spot where they weren't catching and started loading the boat. They were all bottom fishing. We were fishing on top with spinning reels and light tackle. Chum and they will come..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maxed Out

Another benefit of charter fishing is you get to pose with the big fish even if someone else caught it  ;D ;D

It's always a bonus when it's my fish and my cleaning table in that picture.  ;) ;)

AC49

bhale1

Woooozer!!!....caught on a reel with one of your handles I hope!!!
Brett

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

gstours

To mr. Ted.  Your Salmon is a prize that 90 % or more folks will never catch.   You are the man.   We just keep rebooking.
    Charter fishing is the best.... no fuss... keep going... keep spending..  they fix the boat.. if you have the money they have the time...
i,m green with envy.... just wish i had a job!!!!! 8)    thanks for sharing your experiences,  we are here to learn.