alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial penn international strike alert button removal
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 16, 2018, 09:49:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: penn international strike alert button removal  (Read 349 times)
Navidad Nutcase

« on: November 12, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »

Hi to All ,
I have searched as well as I can, and nowhere can I find a picture, tutorial, or instructions on how to remove the strike alert button from right side plate on a penn international reel.I have a 50TW stripped down but don't want to force anything apart. It seems to be in there VERY tight.

Also, could someone explain the procedure for searching any subject.  I type in simple requests  (''Penn strike alert button'' for example ) and get no results 90% of the time. I am definitely doing something wrong.
Thanks for any help on either subject.
Greg

Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »

Try "clicker".

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »

Which International model?  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 04:43:32 PM »

Which International model?  Dominick

50TW

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 05:05:31 PM »

Not sure if this will help you:
http://www.scottsbt.com/catalog/store/images/pennparts/schematics/50tw.pdf
And this should be similar:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=630.msg1522#msg1522

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:07:04 PM by Alto Mare » Logged

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
handi2
Sensei

OCD Reel Service and Repair

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 11:23:33 AM »

Remove the locking hardware inside the plate and knock the old assembly out. Replace with a new assembly.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL
JoseCuervo

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 03:16:20 PM »

Hi to All ,
I have searched as well as I can, and nowhere can I find a picture, tutorial, or instructions on how to remove the strike alert button from right side plate on a penn international reel.I have a 50TW stripped down but don't want to force anything apart. It seems to be in there VERY tight.

Also, could someone explain the procedure for searching any subject.  I type in simple requests  (''Penn strike alert button'' for example ) and get no results 90% of the time. I am definitely doing something wrong.
Thanks for any help on either subject.
Greg

Use Google as your search engine:

site:alantani.com Penn+strike+alert+button

Brings back a link to this thread. Use the plus sign to include words, the - sign to exclude words.

I hope that helps.

Rob

Print Page - penn international strike alert button removal - Alan Tani

alantani.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=26944.0

20 hours ago - Hi to All , I have searched as well as I can, and nowhere can I find a picture, tutorial, or instructions on how to remove the strike alert button from ...

* strike alert.jpg (164.14 KB, 837x709 - viewed 18 times.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:22:34 PM by JoseCuervo » Logged
Navidad Nutcase

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »

o.k. I got it out. Wasn't that hard to do once I knew the procedure. I was just afraid to HIT IT ! until I new all the things to keep it from coming out were removed.  Handi2, you say to replace the assembly. I gather from that - it's not going to help to try and get that little nut off the end of the clicker so I can get inside to clean things up. The spring is shot, I am sure. Or so full of corrosion that it can't ''spring''

And to JoseCuervo, that was slick. I will remember to search that way in the future. "Google the all knowing  "

I'm going to toss the hole clicker assembly in some reel clean and go from there. I do not have any spare clicker assemblies. ( well I do, but only if I rob Petere to pay paul. - temporarily )

As always, a great site full of helpful people.
Greg

Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: