What fishing related items are on your Christmas List?????

Started by pjstevko, November 14, 2018, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

I was thinking about a WorkSharp knife sharpener.

But I do not know which one is best, since they make a few models.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

I was thinking about this little guy, but not sure yet:

Not top of the line stuff, but I think it will do me just fine for my needs...

Sal

And yes, it is fishing related, it would make parts for catching fish :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Reel 224

A new milling machine................................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Hey Sal: Look at this.    https://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=5500 or this  https://www.precisionmatthews.com/shop/pm-30mv/

You can do a lot more with either of them and at a reasonable price. I'm thinking of a larger model but I'm nuts.........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Quote from: foakes on November 15, 2018, 06:15:16 PM
I was thinking about a WorkSharp knife sharpener.

But I do not know which one is best, since they make a few models.

Best,

Fred

Fred: I use a Arkansas stone & India 8000/9000 to finish. I also use the India stone for my straight razor, and Strop.   Joe

droppedit

Well as long as we're dreaming I'll take one of Bullseye's Finor cradles with rod and a custom knob made by Sal so I could use them on one of Gary's trips for a nice large halibut. Think I'll probably end up with coal.

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Alto Mare

Quote from: George6308 on November 14, 2018, 11:32:48 PM
Just want my health back so I can even go fishing.
George, I thought I wrote this but somehow didn't show up earlier.
I share your wish as well and I hope It does come through so you could go fishing.
Maybe we could do it together one day.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

George, I was typing when this post came in.  I wish you better health.  Get healing and go fishing.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 15, 2018, 07:33:10 PM
George, I thought I wrote this but somehow didn't show up earlier.
I share your wish as well and I hope It does come through so you could go fishing.
Maybe we could do it together one day.

Sal

We don't realize how lucky we are and I agree with George. Praise God for the health we have..........................Joe

Darin Crofton

I want a bag full of money, anyone...anyone...anyone...???
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Alto Mare

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 15, 2018, 07:21:59 PM
Hey Sal: Look at this.    https://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=5500 or this  https://www.precisionmatthews.com/shop/pm-30mv/

You can do a lot more with either of them and at a reasonable price. I'm thinking of a larger model but I'm nuts.........................Joe
I have limited space Joe, I would need two.
The one I'm showing has both and it should do just fine for what I intend to use it for, but I thank you for your suggestion.

Reel 224

Sal; i can understand, I have a shop in my cellar that is 1100 sq feet, Soon as I install a bathroom there I am going to move my eqiptment down there. As is I have a tone of eqiptment down there from when I did gun work.........................Joe

George6308

Sal a good condition Maximat lathe milling machine would also fit your needs.

funhog

...I'm hoping his "reel" name is ADAM and my stocking will be stuffed with offset handles and drag insert kits!