Main Menu

First Snow

Started by Reel 224, November 15, 2018, 05:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

The first snow is falling today for this season. I hope this isn't a slice of whats coming the winter. So be it, i'm warm and dry well fed that's all that matters.

I can play with my reels and new lathe project. The custom gaff I'm building also, I'm thinking of mass producing for sale. Well I have to put more wood on the fire.

Later;   Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Benni3

Yes,,,the roads are freezing over here  :(

wascallywabit

7 inches of snow, sleet, and freezing rain here in north Jersey. But my workshop/garage is a toasty 70 degrees! Enjoying a cocktail while trying to decide which of my reel projects to work on next. Life is good.

Ed

Swami805

80+ and sunny here. Blow some of that west and put out these stinking fires.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

1badf350

Its gonna be a bad winter I believe on the east coast.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Lunker Larry

An early winter starting up here. Quite cold and snow on the ground to stay with another 4 to 5 inches coming tonight. Got out today but it might be the last day as it is getting hard to find a ramp that is not frozen. Minus 8C this morning with water temps at 38F. A few things froze up but all in all a good day. Not surprised, didn't see any boats all day long  :D
A good way to end the season.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

sdlehr

Nice fish! Looks cold enough to be inside.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Tiddlerbasher

wascallywabit

Quote from: Lunker Larry on November 16, 2018, 02:11:45 AM
An early winter starting up here. Quite cold and snow on the ground to stay with another 4 to 5 inches coming tonight. Got out today but it might be the last day as it is getting hard to find a ramp that is not frozen. Minus 8C this morning with water temps at 38F. A few things froze up but all in all a good day. Not surprised, didn't see any boats all day long  :D
A good way to end the season.

Wow, very nice. Ottawa river or St. Lawrence?

Ed

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Lunker Larry

Quote from: sdlehr on November 16, 2018, 02:52:29 AM
Nice fish! Looks cold enough to be inside.
Atlantic Class flotation survival suite, couple sweaters and a fleecy, long johns and lined jeans and winter boots and a toque. You just gotta dress the part. But these temps do test your equipment and the fisherman.

Shark Hunter

Larry,
You are the Muskie King!
I would love to catch just one.
Got a hairy ice storm last night.
Just enough to mess things up.
Lost power for 6 hours.
There are 35,000 that are still without.
My Oaks took a beating. They were touching the ground this morning.
At about 2pm, they were rising back up.
They haven't shred their leaves yet, and the ice bent them over.
Could have been much worse.
Life is Good!

alantani

still dry as a bone, here. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Here too, we need a lot of snow.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oc1

Hope you West Coast guys don't go from fire to mud slides again because they say it will be an El Nino winter, but not a strong El Nino.  That usually means wet and cold on the East Coast and good fishing for us.

That's a lunker Larry.
-steve