6-40 socket head screws

Started by Reel 224, November 15, 2018, 08:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

If anyone is looking for ss 6-40 socket head screws that are partial thread for the bridge, I have access to making as much as you want. Price $1.75 ea if you wish 25 -50 $1.70 ea

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

broadway

Joe,
  Which reels will these fit in our modern builds?  Are they made to the correct length that we need or do we need to shave em down?
Thanks,
Dom

Reel 224

Dom: I will cut them to length for reels that take the 6-40 bridge screw. That is the one that is partially threaded for the clutch. I would say they would fit Penn reels in the class of 500s. I made them for my conversion reels and they are no field down full thread screws that were altered. I wanted to match the socket head screws that all conversion plates come with.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Guys I feel I have to clarify shipping. It's a small package in most cases so shipping in the US is minimal, I am charging a low price as is so please understand about charging postage.

Joe 

Bryan Young

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 15, 2018, 08:25:36 PM
If anyone is looking for ss 6-40 socket head screws that are partial thread for the bridge, I have access to making as much as you want. Price $1.75 ea if you wish 25 -50 $1.70 ea

Joe
Hi Joe, what do these look like?

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

Brian: They are exactly like the Penn Bridge screws except they Are SS 18-8 Socket Head screws 7/64 Bit size...................Joe

I forgot to mention: They are the clutch Screws (TOP Partially thread)                                    (corrected)

Bryan Young

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 19, 2018, 11:28:47 PM
Brian: They are exactly like the Penn Bridge screws except they Are SS 18-8 Socket Head screws 7/16 Bit size...................Joe

I forgot to mention: They are the clutch Screws (TOP Partially thread)
How interesting.  I'm going to have to look at my 7/16" socket
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

STRIPER LOU

I believe he meant 7/64" Allen head socket.

...........Lou

Reel 224

That's right Lou 7/64 Thanks for the backup ;)................................Joe

Bryan Young

Oh, Allen wrench head screws. I was trying to figure out how to set a socket into the screw area. Thank you for clarifying.

Reel 224

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 20, 2018, 05:35:31 AM
Oh, Allen wrench head screws. I was trying to figure out how to set a socket into the screw area. Thank you for clarifying.

A little test ;) ;D..Honestly it was a type O....................Joe