Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Quote from: gstours on November 29, 2018, 04:21:17 PM
These skirts will bring the thing to life I,m hoping,

I'll take 3
Great lookin lure Gary.

Steve

gstours

The bulb shape behind the head helps hold the skirts.  A loop or hook can be added in the lead pour.

gstours

Another look.  At patten A. The attachment eyes could be placed anywhere in the mold.

gstours

Sorry again for the duplicate pictures.  I need geek lessons.?  Try another.

gstours

These are patterns for jigs and I'm planning on jigging up a few halibut,  butt mostly fishing rockfish out my way.  We get larger tides than further south.  I like lightweight too,  so I'm willing to work for the prize.

gstours

Ready to pour the second half of the plaster mold.  Wish me luck and advice.

Hardy Boy

Looks good Gary. Are you going to carve out a grove for the wire ? I through wire mine with a loop on the top and a long wire out the rear which can be bent to form a loop for the hooks after the jig is poured. Those will catch fish for sure.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Dominick

Right now that looks like an Area 51 birthday cake.  :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Yes i,m planning on using wires for the line eye and not yet sure where to place them in the mold.  I always used to add a trailer loop in the tail when I cast regular lead head jigs in the past ,  i use some stranded sst wire and make a loop for the stinger in the approximate location.  then usually after adding the grub whip the stinger in the loop.   Its super deadly on rocks too!
   I,m starting with using a plaster o paree mold, cause its a starting point.   
  Thanks for the help everyone too.

gstours

Thanks Dommie for cake 🍰 idea,  a few years ago when we had a retirement party for a friend I made a cake out of scraps of plywood and iced it.  Almost everyone laughed, 🍺good times.🙃
  Below is the mold with the top half poured.  Tomorrow I will try to show the mold interior.
I remember something about using some stiff wire inside the halves kind of like rebar in concrete to prevent cracking.   Any thoughts on this? 🤷‍♂️

gstours

Here's a mock up of skirts,  butt I think a big grub in the tail, with the reverse skirt will be the 💣 bomber.

gstours

As mr Hardy boy stated earlier,  the articulated hooks will stay in the 🐟 better and an assist hook can be added with the attachment eye placed where desired.

gstours

Here's the first of a mold from plaster of Paris from the earlier pattern.  It's easy to do and certainly doesn't look like much.  The pouring funnel can be made with clay in the plaster but I wanted to keep it simple. So I can carve it anytime, and add the wire eyes.   This will be about a 20 ouncer.   I was pleasantly surprised by the way it was easy to separate following the plaster pour of the second half

gstours

Dominick

Gary, I thought you were supposed to put the wire in the mold before you pour?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.