Hello from Central Pennsylvania

Started by Tim Murphy, November 16, 2018, 10:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Murphy

Dear Board,

I just wanted to say hello and say that I'm lucky I stumbled upon this site.

When I was younger I maintained and repaired my reels, whether they were conventional, fly, or spinning.  I still have reels that I use that are well over 40 years old, mostly Abu's, Mitchell's and Penn's but I have a Daiwa or two scattering in the mix.  I've bought newer reels over the years but I have a hard time parting with anything that still works so I find myself going back to the old faithful reels.

I'm hoping I can find help here when I run into a problem with one of my reels and I look forward to reading, learning, and seeing how other people keep their older gear in tip-top shape.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA  :)

Tiddlerbasher

Darin Crofton

Welcome aboard, Tim, you'll love it here! Darin from Tampa, FL
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Alto Mare

Welcome Tim! from another member from PA

Enjoy your stay, 

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

Welcome from Illinois (for two more weeks !  After that, I'll be an "Island Boy" for a few months!! ;D)
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

swill88

alantani

welcome, tim.  anything we can do, please let us know!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

welcome Tim, from sunny Western Australia, sounds like you have plenty of gear, great just be careful these reels start breeding, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

foakes

Welcome aboard, Tim —

Lots of Mitchell, Penn, Daiwa, and nearly every other brand of knowledgeable folks on here!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

David Hall

welcome Tim,  Dave from San Jose, CA.

gstours

Hello Tim, and welcome,  you will learn stuff,  enjoy your fishing. :)

happyhooker

Greetings and welcome, from Minnesota.

Frank

Benni3

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain