Up all night

Started by Reel 224, November 16, 2018, 05:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

I don't use an alarm clock either unless there's an important event going on. I'm not a morning person, though. Never have been. It becomes a vicious circle, stay up late, wake up late, not tired, stay up late again & wake up late. Even though I'm not into mornings I feel better about life, and myself, if I force my self to get my sorry butt out of bed.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Tiddlerbasher

Never been an early bird - always a night owl - don't know why.
Thinking of going to bed now 2.00-2.30am UK time - probably won't get up till 10.ooam (unless I'm going fishing ;D)

mhc

They say the early bird gets the worm..... but they say it like that's a good thing  ???
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

oldmanjoe

::)   I am another one that is up all hours of the night and day .    i sleep about 3-4 hours a day , it`s been like that for 30 years now.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Shark Hunter

I usually stay up late and sleep in too, but my work schedule is always changing.
Some weeks I work 7am to 7pm, 11am to 11pm, 3pm to 3am, and occasionally 7pm to 7am.
Every few weeks I go in at 7am and leave at 11pm on a Monday.
My normal schedule is 3pm to 11.
I've been there for 31 years now and still can't hold a spot on day shift.
Won't be much longer, I am waiting them out!
You have to roll with the punches. ;)
I don't have the luxury of not needing an alarm clock.
Life is Good!

day0ne

I was a night person stuck in a day job for 43 years. Now that I'm retired, I'm up until 3 or 4 am and sleep late. The funny thing was, when I worked, I was still up until 2 or 3 and had to be to work at 7 or 8. So now I sleep 10 hours instead of 4 or 5.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Reel 224

Here it is almost 2 AM and I'm up messing around with ideas for fishing gear..................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Gfish

On onea my; fall asleep after dinner, wake-up at ~ midnight to 3am deals right now. Happens bout twice/week. Normal waking hours are 04:30 to 2100.
Loaded up and desperate to go fishing but the weather ain't cooperating(wind). Domestic "put it off till latter" stuff awaits me... Just gotta be quiet.
Wish I could nap most days at around noon, maybe when I retire. Runnin on steriods and caffeine for now.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Up at 4:00 most days.  In bed by 9:30 - 10:00.

Sal is right — take a little time for yourself in the morning before starting your day. 

I generally do a little studying, catch up on email, have a cup of coffee, plan my day, watch the dark disappear.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 17, 2018, 06:54:13 AM
Here it is almost 2 AM and I'm up messing around with ideas for fishing gear..................Joe
This is happening too often lately Joe, Ruth might be on something ::)... ;D

I was up as well at that time, my kids ( adults now ) weren't home yet and I worry.
My wife keeps grilling me that they're adults and for me to go to bed, but I just can't do it :-\.

When I was 21... as my son is now, I used to come home change my clothes and go to work ;D...how things change...

Go get some rest Joe!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I slept in this morning, up at 05:20.  Started coffee, let 1 cat out another in then back out and chased the deer out of the now asleep garden.  Coffee and computer time until the sun starts to come up.  One of the guys that I have working for me is probably just passing out now and won't show up until mid afternoon, the other will be at work promptly ay 09:00 after a brisk 3 mile walk.  The third is managing a restaurant and can only do a few hours a day.  I wish I had more work, the kid that is walking in needs the $ bad and I'd like to keep him.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

grekim

Walking to the reef (or whatever your favorite fishing spot is) and seeing that first light is a great feeling.  You know that you have not missed out on a moment of the day and all of it is before you.   It could be the day of your personal best, you never know.   Not getting enough sleep makes me feel a little depressed, well especially if not fishing!
Educating fish on every trip

Reel 224

I've seen the sun rise one the horizon many many times wile fishing on the east cost...............Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

George6308

Back in the sixty's I would get up at 4am and drive to Point pleasant NJ from NE Philly to fish on the F/V Cock Robin. Wish I still had the Studebaker !

Reel 224

Silver Hawk ?                Joe