Great Drills for Reel Work and Around the Shop or Home

Started by foakes, November 17, 2018, 01:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Milwaukee has been my Go-To 12V drill system for around 10 years now — hard to beat, never replaced a battery yet, solid and well balanced.

The variable speed is good for general reel work — plus the impact as well as the regular drill/driver are amazingly useful for around the house, shop, and automotive work.

If I didn't have the Milwaukee's — I would buy this set of Bosch's for $99.  It is a Pre-Black Friday offer through Rockler, a good company I have bought from for over 20 years.  2 batteries, charger, two tools.

Rockler.com

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

I have been using the range of Ryobi One+ 18v tools.  I initially bought just the One plus hammer drill kit to replace a knackered old battery drill. After a while I bought the jigsaw, right angled drill/driver (great in tight place like between floor joists) impact driver, circular saw, 5" grinder, SDS masonry drill/chisel and some spare batteries. Later on I bought the brushless hammer drill and impact driver (the power is incredible :o)
Many firms are doing these one battery many tools range - If I had started with a Milwaukee/Dewalt I would have purchased their range. I bought the Ryobi kit because it was on a good offer from a local Macro store. Very pleased with it :)

I have a low torque 3.6v small battery driver that I use for reels. I checked the values of the various torque settings againt some preset Wiha torque hand screwdrivers - I can now set the torque to the appropriate value for most small screws.

I don't use the brushless tools for anything to do with reel work - far too powerful - but great around the house :)

JoseCuervo

I must be doing something wrong, I only see it listed at full price. Can you post a link?

harryk3616

just love the black and decker 4v max lithium drill for reel work removing the sideplate screws. sells for $21.99 or so #bdcs30c  fantastic, light weight, i use my dewalt for 20v for drilling.   have a great weekend all.   harryk

Reel 224

Quote from: JoseCuervo on November 17, 2018, 04:28:44 PM
I must be doing something wrong, I only see it listed at full price. Can you post a link?

There expensive, I have tools made by Bosh and they last. You get what you pay for with Bosh....................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

Just go to Rockler and look for their Pre-Black Friday sale that ends on the 21st..

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JoseCuervo

Quote from: foakes on November 17, 2018, 07:32:30 PM
Just go to Rockler and look for their Pre-Black Friday sale that ends on the 21st..

Best,

Fred

I did that Fred, no joy. They do have the set, just at $169. The pic above I posted is from their site, same sku. I think they must have sold out their allotted number of kits or something.

Can anyone else put this item in their cart at $99?

Christopher M Songer

I also looked and found the Black Fri sales flyer but not the Ryobi for $99. Could only find if for $169. I was ready to buy it today.
Always go forward, never go straight

Frank

I called Rockler and they stated it will be available on 11/23 for $99.00. Save one for me!
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

George6308

May have to break down and purchase a new one.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Ay George, sounds like your running out of elbow grease, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oc1

You could upgrade to the high speed model.

-steve

JoseCuervo

Quote from: Frank on November 17, 2018, 10:11:15 PM
I called Rockler and they stated it will be available on 11/23 for $99.00. Save one for me!

The deal is live now, I just checked out, $99 plus tax and shipping $120.98. 

Rob

foakes

--------

Fred O.