Quick 330/331 Manual

Started by TJAndrews, November 19, 2018, 12:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJAndrews

This afternoon I stumbled across the original manual that came with my then-new Quick 331 when my parents gave it to me over 45 years ago. I've scanned some of the pages, and offer then here for your enjoyment. If you would like, I could scan and upload the rest - assuming it doesn't violate any copyrights or forum rules.

We'll start with the first three pages. They explain the difference between the 330 and the 331 S, and show a photo of the 330.

TJAndrews

These are pages 19 and 20, the last two pages. Page 19 goes into further detail about the differences in the two reels, and Page 20 shows the Quick Guarantee.

A note about the "S" in the 331 S: It's difficult to make out, but the "S" symbol in the manual includes the words "Fast Speed" in tiny print. I've read in other threads in this forum that there is some speculation that the "S" indicates some sort of affiliation with South Bend, because they used to distribute Quick Reels. Since there is no mention of South Bend anywhere in this manual, I tend to doubt that speculation. I think the "S" merely emphasizes the speedier retrieve of the 331.

happyhooker

I don't know about copyright or forum rules, but I'd enjoy seeing the whole manual.

Frank

foakes

This is information made for the public —no issues with regulations.

Patents have long run out, as have even a company that would wish to enforce any laws.

Thanks, TJ!

I do have thousands of pages of manuals and shop manuals that I use on a regular basis, along with the internet.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

TJ, the easiest way to post the whole manual is to scan to a pdf file and post the link.  I too am interested in reading the whole thing.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TJAndrews

Quote from: Dominick on November 19, 2018, 06:35:24 PM
TJ, the easiest way to post the whole manual is to scan to a pdf file and post the link.  I too am interested in reading the whole thing.  Dominick

Creating a pdf is no problem - I use Mageia Linux and there are several options for that. But, let me look at the rules for attachments... Ah, I see I can attach a pdf, as long as it's less than 90 GB. Shouldn't be a problem.  ;D

Come to think of it, it might be helpful to have a more general "sticky" topic where people could upload "lost" manuals like this. That way, anybody could access them for the foreseeable future. Is that an agreeable idea?