Hi All from NC

Started by psychodiagnostik, November 19, 2018, 01:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychodiagnostik

Hello all, after lurking on this forum off & on for years I finally got around to joining, thanks for letting me in!  I love surf fishing here in NC, especially the outer banks.  I love shark fishing, currently using a pair of the giant Daiwa DF100A's. I'm accumulating some reels & some parts for some winter projects, including two Penn 113's with black side plates (not 113h).

Christopher M Songer

Always go forward, never go straight

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Psycho come join the rest of us reel nuts ;D

happyhooker

Welcome, psycho, from Minnesota.

Frank

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Welcome e aboard!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

gstours

David Hall

Dominick

another reel psycho.  :D  Welcome.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Decker

Quote from: psychodiagnostik on November 19, 2018, 01:19:56 PM
I'm accumulating some reels & some parts for some winter projects, including two Penn 113's with black side plates (not 113h).

Do you cast the 113?  There are a couple of threads on the "Grouper Special" here, which is a narrowed 113 with faster gears.

Darin Crofton

Welcome aboard, you'll love it here!!!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Reel 224

Hello Psycho welcome to the Alan Tani site..............................Joe fromNJ
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Welcome! make yourself at home.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

psychodiagnostik

Quote from: Decker on November 19, 2018, 08:45:59 PM
Quote from: psychodiagnostik on November 19, 2018, 01:19:56 PM
I'm accumulating some reels & some parts for some winter projects, including two Penn 113's with black side plates (not 113h).

Do you cast the 113?  There are a couple of threads on the "Grouper Special" here, which is a narrowed 113 with faster gears.

I've played around with it but not really tried to cast it hard.  Both mine have the brass spool, I'm thinking of looking into aluminum spools.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!