Another adventure with Marlas Sportfishing

Started by David Hall, November 21, 2018, 09:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

since its all of five days until we leave for PV to fish on the Marla IV with Captain Scotty and Roberto, I thought Id go ahead and start this thread now.  Fishing with the same group I did last time, A former co worker Don and his fishing Buddy Slava AKA (Russo) and my son Shane and I.  we take off SFO at 10:40 Am on Monday the 26th and fish the Islas until the 30th.
weather and sea conditions look fantastic and reports lately have been pretty decent with some really nice cows coming in.  there are more groups headed that way, I think the Chief starts his trip the day we get back in? so get ready for a stream of fun reports. We will divert from fishing strictly tuna and add in a mess of rock fishing.
My biggest YFT to date is 180lbs so I will be looking for a 200+, id look for a 300 but I need to save that one for a future trip. I have already been promised a 240lb fish from Roberto in exchange for an MLB hat from his favorite team.  I am bringing him 2 hats just to make sure to seal the deal.
A pic from our 2016 trip Slava on the left, then me, then Donnie Dorado and Shane.  after we caught all the tuna we wanted it was bottom fishing time.
Why do my pics always upload downside up?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

thanks Alan.  we will do our best to find the fish for you although you know exactly where they will be.

alantani

see if you can get scotty to save us some squid!!!!!!

Swami805

That looks like a fun trip, those bottom fish are delicious. Have a great trip!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dominick

Good hunting David.  I'm looking forward to your report.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Quote from: alantani on November 22, 2018, 12:08:07 AM
see if you can get scotty to save us some squid!!!!!!

We will see if we can load the bait well up for you.

David Hall

less than 24 hours we will be airborne enroute to PV.  hardly slept last night, probably wont sleep again tonight. 

STRIPER LOU

A bit psyched, are you? Good luck, I hope you slay them!

................Lou

alantani

you'll sleep well on the boat.  let the other guys be first up. go last and sleep until it's your turn.

David Hall

Quote from: alantani on November 25, 2018, 08:48:42 PM
you'll sleep well on the boat.  let the other guys be first up. go last and sleep until it's your turn.

Im gonna be the first one on deck and fishing before daylight on the 27th.

Benni3

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

conchydong

David Hall

Thanks everyone, and the small fish there are bigger than anything here so this is a cannot lose kinda trip.
We will come home with full coolers weather it's from 60lbers or 160lners or 200+ pounders.  But I'm fishing for a personal best 200+.