Jigmaster Stainless Steel Gear Sleeve/Handle Screw Issue

Started by Kalbi, November 27, 2018, 08:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Quote from: Kalbi on November 30, 2018, 07:25:30 AM
Do you guys think this will cause problems down the road or will it be okay?
Whose road, yours or Alans? If it's in there snug now I'm sure you're good for 80-100 years, there's no stress on those threads. I'm betting Alan has a bright light and a magnifier doing double time in his garage inspecting threads on remaining inventory.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Gfish

Yeah. But I think you "married" those handle screws to that particular gear sleeve.
Before I got married, I thought I was comapatible with all the ladies I met and liked. Nope, not realistic. Now I realize that I had to be "roughed up" relationship-wise probably for any woman I chose to be with, in order to make it work.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

i'm actually getting out of the gear sleeve business and handing it all over to cortez conversions.  i still have plenty of 98-320 and 98-114 gear sleeves, and just a few of the 98-505's.  after those are gone, i will be buying from cortez coversions.  just like the handle grips, arms and bearing packers, i've never made enough money off of these to really make it worth my time.  i think i'll keep the handle grips going, and maybe the bearing packers, but the rest is going to be phased out.  gotta re-focus!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: alantani on November 30, 2018, 04:46:35 PM
i'm actually getting out of the gear sleeve business and handing it all over to cortez conversions.  i still have plenty of 98-320 and 98-114 gear sleeves, and just a few of the 98-505's.  after those are gone, i will be buying from cortez coversions.  just like the handle grips, arms and bearing packers, i've never made enough money off of these to really make it worth my time.  i think i'll keep the handle grips going, and maybe the bearing packers, but the rest is going to be phased out.  gotta re-focus!

Thanks Alan!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

alantani

well, you're welcomed, but i'm not so sure that i'm doing you any favors......   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

That is a good statement, I'm getting my feet wet and I'm finding out there is much to be said about Reels that I see is just close to Gun Smith work. But I like it better then Gun/Rifles.........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."