alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial ocean city 210 drag washers
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 16, 2018, 10:16:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ocean city 210 drag washers  (Read 193 times)
huangfg

« on: December 01, 2018, 08:25:54 PM »

any suggestions on finding these?  they are  3/4" x 3/8" x 2 mm thick.  they look like leather with bits of metal in them, falling apart.
The reel is excellent, you don't even have to take it apart to change the washers, just remove the handle and star drag.
Or can someone cut them for me with carbon fibre?  or should I use teflon?  need 3.   Thank you.
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 09:03:22 PM »

If you would like the original ones — here are (3) brand new ones from the OC bin — your measurements are exactly correct.

$7 + $3 shipping for lower US.

PM me your shipping information if you want them.

Best & Welcome!

Fred

* C6240F60-C4B9-4AF9-B5AE-6F42A1561297.jpeg (2801.8 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 7 times.)

* 702C4477-7771-4A48-B4DF-CAB755719461.jpeg (2337.04 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 6 times.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:07:29 PM by foakes » Logged

“Of course, now I am too old to be much of a fisherman, and now of course I usually fish the big waters alone, although some friends think I shouldn’t. Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening.

Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.”

― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 05:27:20 PM »

Just checking back on loose ends —

Since I never heard back from the poster after posting a response 2 days ago — I guess he found these 60 year old new factory OC washers somewhere else —

Maybe Walmart or Big 5??   Grin  Grin  Grin

I will toss them back in the bin.

Funny, how on the Internet — a few folks don’t think that a simple response — yes, no, or maybe — or that common courtesy matters much...

Just my opinion.

Best,

Fred
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:29:55 PM by foakes » Logged

“Of course, now I am too old to be much of a fisherman, and now of course I usually fish the big waters alone, although some friends think I shouldn’t. Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening.

Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.”

Tiddlerbasher
Photo Group

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »

Fred - 'standards'  have evolved over time - please, thank you, common in our day have all but disappeared Sad Courtesy, with many of the young ones, has all but gone. Sometimes I do despair - but some of the younglings in my tribe show some promise - I try to live in hope Cheesy
huangfg

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 10:25:22 AM »

Hi Fred,

Sorry been busy doing poll working in San Diego... but its just about over now.
Wow, those are exactly it!!  should I put Cal's universal reel grease on them? 

I didn't think I'd get any replies so I ordered some Teflon washers about the same size...

Thanks for taking the pics.. I will buy them from you.

Fred Huang
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »

I will send them out today, Fred —

Appreciate the response.

Best,

Fred

I am haunted by waters.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: