What do you consider vintage?

Started by Reel Beaker, December 02, 2018, 12:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Just look at it as entertainment when you're not fishing, taking something and making it better or something most would look at it as junk and make it useful.Time on earth is limited, if you enjoy tinkering with reels it's time well spent.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Midway Tommy

Heck, Reel Beaker, I've got hundreds of reels of my own I've broken down, repaired, serviced & put back together. Some I use, some sit on the shelf to look at or maybe even use someday down the road by me or possibly someone else. If I counted my time as worth anything at all it would be cheaper to by a new reel instead but the whole idea, for me at least, is to do something I enjoy and save a buck or two while I'm at it. There is something mentally and emotionally fulfilling about taking an old relic and making it useful again. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Gfish

Interesting stuff. I'mina redefine vintage for myself by adding "what was popular" instead of just what was high quality(IMO), for some bygone era. Maybe "unique" too. So the Okuma Centrific is vintage-noteworthy because of it's cheapness and popularity. The present day Diawa Sweepfire comes to mind as a future vintage reel.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!