Newell G447T

Started by mrwilson99, October 17, 2018, 02:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I own red Newells that came right from the factory with metal clickers and graphite spool clicker sprockets. I also have several G series reels with graphite spool sprockets and metal clickers. I see no signs of wear even though these reels have had several hundreds of hours of use bait fishing  with the clicker engaged while waiting for strikes. The metal clicker dog is fairly smooth and I really can't see it causing a problem. As stated perhaps trolling with blistering strike peel outs could cause an issue.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

mrwilson99

Thanks for the insight Frank! So my reel is an all original then, I guess with the metal P447 is considered upgraded then.

Thanks again!

Quote from: Frank on November 18, 2018, 07:11:56 PM
I own red Newells that came right from the factory with metal clickers and graphite spool clicker sprockets. I also have several G series reels with graphite spool sprockets and metal clickers. I see no signs of wear even though these reels have had several hundreds of hours of use bait fishing  with the clicker engaged while waiting for strikes. The metal clicker dog is fairly smooth and I really can't see it causing a problem. As stated perhaps trolling with blistering strike peel outs could cause an issue.
David