Garcia Mitchell 622

Started by Paul0510, November 24, 2018, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul0510

I have a Garcia Mitchell 622 conventional reel made in France. I would like to replace the drag washers but cannot find any info on them. Can anyone recommend washers that might fit?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

akfish

Squidder drag washers, 006-060, drop in perfectly in all of the Garcia 600-series conventionals.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Paul0510

Thanks to all who replied so quickly. All of the suggestions are helpful. This was my first time posting on this site. I used Alan's post to The Hull Truth to rebuild a penn 113h so I figured I would find some answers here. Once again, Thanks.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Paul0510 on November 24, 2018, 10:32:53 PM
Thanks to all who replied so quickly. All of the suggestions are helpful. This was my first time posting on this site. I used Alan's post to The Hull Truth to rebuild a penn 113h so I figured I would find some answers here. Once again, Thanks.

I remember these washers being really small for that size reel, so Akfish ( Bill ) might be wrong, but wouldn't mind being corrected.
I have some nice punches and could cut any washer, here is what I could do for you.
Send me one washer and I'll make you a couple.
Here is the problem though, if you're not in the USA, you will need to wait until next year... lines are too long at this time of year at the post office.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me a pm if you need a set.  i can grease them and drop them in a plain letter envelope with a stamp to save on postage!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on November 24, 2018, 11:04:47 PM
send me a pm if you need a set.  i can grease them and drop them in a plain letter envelope with a stamp to save on postage!

Must be nice being retired, I just can't afford 1hour+ in line at the P.O. :)

Paul0510

Just for future reference, Akfish is right. I bought some calipers and the size of the washers are: OD 20.45  ID 10.6 thickness .76. The 6-060 washers will work fine. Alan, I'll get with you soon to Order these. Again Thanks to Alan, Akfish, and Alto for your responses

Alto Mare

I'm glad you got it figured out Paul!

Bill, I should have known better :)... good call!

Sal