alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial We Lost a Fisherman
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 16, 2018, 09:58:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Lost a Fisherman  (Read 366 times)
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« on: December 05, 2018, 05:53:09 PM »

Tomorrow, a fisherman will be buried in Texas...

Godspeed “41”...

With Grateful Respect & Admiration,

Fred

https://www.accuratefishing.com/accurate-and-george-hw-bush-united-by-a-love-of-fishing/

“Of course, now I am too old to be much of a fisherman, and now of course I usually fish the big waters alone, although some friends think I shouldn’t. Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening.

Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.”

― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It
harryk3616

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »

yes   fred,  he loved his boating and fishing, tight lines Mr. president.  he was loved by all, a great man. harryk
broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 06:36:22 PM »

He had a boat with 900 hp on it at age 80 and made the secret service chase him around the Atlantic.
Rest easy,
Dom
Benni3

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 07:06:10 PM »

He had a boat with 900 hp on it at age 80 and made the secret service chase him around the Atlantic.
Rest easy,
Dom
and when the secret service was in the back of the boat,,,,he would shut off the motors and turn the wheel really hard,,,,now that is funny  Grin
Reel 224
Jersey Devil
Firearms Group

New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 07:28:16 PM »

God speed GHWB (41)

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."
Shark Hunter

The Rogue of the Seven Seas!

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »

He was a good Man.
His son was a class act at the Funeral and also as President.
He is home with his wife now.
Rest in Peace 41.
You will not be forgotten.

Life is Good!
Crow

Dauphin Island Sunset

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 03:31:20 AM »

A very heroic, and dedicated man....devoted to his Country.

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !
conchydong
Firearms Group

Pompano Beach, FL

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 04:26:21 AM »

RIP 41

* 41.jpg (1060.83 KB, 1280x830 - viewed 3 times.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:37:35 AM by conchydong » Logged
Gobi King
Firearms Group

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 05:19:32 AM »

RIP 41, it is awesome that he fished with his family

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan
Hardy Boy
Firearms Group

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 08:35:52 AM »

He seemed like a "class act" all around and he was good friends with our Prime Minister, Brian Mulroney  (who gave an eulogy at his funeral). I talked to a guy who met him on a river in the Queen Charlotte islands where he was fishing for coho and he said that he was a super nice guy and very friendly to talk too. He was going over over to talk to him but was stopped by the security detail but 41 told them to let him come over so they could chat.

Todd

Todd
Bill B (Tarfu)
Fish Nutritionist II
Sensei

Crestline, CA

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 09:46:10 AM »

Heaven is a better place having him there.  There was a political cartoon floating around showing him landing his WW II plane in the clouds and Barbara and his daughter Robin standing there saying "we have been waiting for you"....a very moving statement....a real kick to the feelings... RIP sir.

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!
reel man

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 10:59:05 AM »

God, Country, family, we were fortunate to have known him.
theswimmer

Sierra Nevada

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 02:44:14 PM »

First class .
There is a reason why Bill Clinton calls Geo Dad .

Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.

Clark Gable
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 12:22:04 PM »

http://ebm.emails.cabelas.com/c/tag/BcCsVUB9oRdDB9vR4ZNteI6OCp/doc.html?t_sparams=3qbie6vr76Zy9wx66UibTz1hFnS5QdVHxmb-8CKErQb-5OMhiMaoH9cptQ-vaHa7YPnwtSH

Best,

Fred

“Of course, now I am too old to be much of a fisherman, and now of course I usually fish the big waters alone, although some friends think I shouldn’t. Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening.

Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.”

― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: