Good place to buy general use bearings

Started by lifeofRiley, December 08, 2018, 07:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeofRiley

I live in Minnesota and 90%+ of my reel work is on low profile bass reels. I've just finished cleaning a set of 15 reels for a buddy and there were a lot of rusty spool, pinion, and frame bearings. I usually order all my parts from Shimano, I'm just wondering if there's a place to get the same size bearings cheaper, or if I should just continue ordering straight from the OEM. I'm not looking for any ceramic or ceramic hybrids, stainless steel only.

Thanks
15 2, 15 4, pair for 6, knobs is 7

Cuttyhunker

Do a search here for bearings, I recall a few threads with alt suppliers.
Doomed from childhood

oc1

Boca Bearings has a huge selection of sizes and styles.  Smooth Drag has the popular reel sizes.  Get stainless or ceramic or stainless/ceramic hybrids and definitely stay away from chrome.
-steve

RamseyReelRepair

Dawn at smooth drag has got good bearings too!

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎

philaroman

here's another: https://www.dadsoletackle.com/bearings/stainless-steel/

just a question of getting everything at once (one S/H charge),

and maybe a little discount for quantity  (call & chat)

Marktrahan

I to use dads ole tackle bearings they are made by Sapporo before lubing they will spin as well hybrid ceramics .

exp2000

Quote from: Marktrahan on January 16, 2019, 02:07:25 PM
I to use dads ole tackle bearings they are made by Sapporo before lubing they will spin as well hybrid ceramics .

These are my favorite spool bearings.

Sapporo is the new direct marketing arm for the Japanese EZO brand making them more competitive in overseas markets except in Australia of course! These are truly superb bearings.

For a couple of years, I once bought the full range of bearing sizes from DOT till he put his prices up.

That and the fact that EZO bearings are so well made that I found it nigh impossible to remove the pressed shields on some larger sizes. This does not constitute a problem with Boca bearings.
~

lifeofRiley

I bought some from Fushi bearing company in China. Seem really nice and cheap. Threw some in a Curado tonight and they cast like a dream. $7.88 for 10 bearings.
15 2, 15 4, pair for 6, knobs is 7