What is this?

Started by TongassFisher, December 09, 2018, 07:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TongassFisher

My mother in law buys used reels for me at garage sales.

She just dropped me off 3 reels she found in a free bin in Wrangell.
Penn aluminum spool 49, a maroon side 114h and the reel pictures below that I need help identifying.

It looks to be the same size as the senator 6/0

Any clue as to what this thing is?

Thanks,
Trevor

7-F7447-C2-5693-4-FB6-B302-DFC951-B20730" border="0
3-F52-E79-B-7-B47-4-F21-8-E5-C-BF7-C828-DAA9-B" border="0
1-E9-FE6-A0-0-C3-B-4645-8-CB3-BF38988-DC3-C1" border="0
ACE95-AB5-A960-49-E4-9-F78-993-B25-C89-BF7" border="0
9-AE29891-D449-4683-8-D17-805-FEA61-E9-E1" border="0

handi2

Its a Daiwa Sealine 6/0. Stainless steel internals with a thick, strong main gear.

It looks like a 650H.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

TongassFisher

Thank you!

It's free to anyone that can use it. It needs a cleanup but everything functions as it should that I can tell.

RowdyW

Trevor, that reel is equal to or better then a Penn 114H Special Senator. Think about it, aluminum frame, aluminum spool, stainless internals, parts still available, etc. A desirable reel if you have a use for that size reel. A good winter project, just upgrade the drags to carbon fiber. It would make a good Halibut reel unless you are a strictly Penn guy.  :D         Rudy

Rivverrat

Very good, durable reel. A Penn Senator taken a step further. Like a Rem. 870 you wont wear it out... Jeff

Frank

Quote from: TongassFisher on December 09, 2018, 07:25:05 PM
Thank you!

It's free to anyone that can use it. It needs a cleanup but everything functions as it should that I can tell.

Very nice of you to offer that for free but please rethink getting rid of it. Clean it up and use it. You'll be glad you did.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

redsetta

QuoteClean it up and use it. You'll be glad you did.
x2!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Rivverrat

At least consider saving it for some one " YOU " know will use & appreciate it... Jeff

RowdyW

Trevor, PM sent.     Rudy

TongassFisher

Thanks guys,

Reel will be sent out this week to someone that can use it. I need another reel like a hole in the head!

Trevor

Keta

It would be a good halibut reel for someone local.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Mighty nice of you Trevor.   That is a beast of a reel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Darin Crofton

That's awesome, Trevor, I love my Daiwa 600h's. Great of you to help someone out! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Donnyboat

Very kind of you Trevor, that is a good reel, may not look flash, but will still fish for years, the OHANA, is instilled into you man, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

David Hall

Quote from: TongassFisher on December 09, 2018, 10:39:16 PM
Thanks guys,

Reel will be sent out this week to someone that can use it. I need another reel like a hole in the head!

Trevor

Say what?  Everyone could use one more.