Old smokey D.A.M Microlite 265

Started by Guldhamstern, December 13, 2018, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guldhamstern

Across the atlantic came a nicely emballaged reel to scandinavia. I'm not getting these cheapely, but it's cheaper than buying from europe on ebay.
Upon opening the box there was this nasty smell of 20 cigarettes a day since the early sixties, but inner organs of the reel was as healthy as a young reel, under the old dried and smelly grease.

Taking it all apart and cleaning (with some good guidance from Mr. Oaks). No solvent in my kitchen, basement or garage could beat the old dried grease, so i had to mechanically clean the gears.

New finish, does not look like mint, seems to wear off to easily but where the old crinkle still is there, it looks pristine...

It lines up nicely with it's younger bigger brother.

"Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new."
-Henry David Thoreau

Alto Mare

Nice job bringing that reel back.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Midway Tommy

Those Microlites are great little reels! One of Dam's better offerings, IMHO. Nice restore!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

It is no secret that the Microlite is one of my favorites. That little reel is so capable beyond it's design. It's the Bradley Fighting Vehicle of ultralights! Great work...and enjoy your reel! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Guldhamstern

I've officially joined the microlite hype!
It really is neat, took it out today and it felt fine though no pike or perch was willing to put it to a test.
I still have some work to do  on the main gear shaft and it's bushings, was some swirly sound today.
"Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new."
-Henry David Thoreau

basenjib123

Outstanding job on getting that oldie but goodie back into service..they don't make 'em like that anymore!