Hello from Oxnard

Started by WC_Mike, December 13, 2018, 11:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_Mike

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the boards but not new to wrenching on reels. I think I love the tackle side of the sport more than I love fishing. Just popped in to say hello.
P.s. here's a picture of my current project. A Newell 440 that has everything frozen to everything. Working on the all too familiar frozen pinion.

xjchad

Welcome Mike, great to see you here!

(Everyone else: Mike is a good dude, I vouch for him!  ;) )
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Welcome aboard Mike!  You are a great addition to the Ohana, and I think that you will love it here.

Randy

Benni3

Swami805

Welcome from Santa Barbara,  Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

alantani

welcome!  not sure if you've seen this or not. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Mike —

I have fished the islands a few times out of Oxnard — short overnighters — motor out after dark — get some sleep — fish the next day — fill the sacks generally — back in the next day.

Glad you joined!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Swami805

That is one crusty Newell. I've done 2 like that and ended up using a dremel to cut off the pinion. If you get that one off share your secret!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo, CA.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Welcome Mike.  I grew up in Oxnard, lived near Gonzales Rd and Doris Ave.  Its been a few years since I was in Oxnard.  You will fit in here.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Welcome Mike, if your rough enough for chad your rough enough for me, all good people here, very helpful, welcome from sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat