3 1/2 days trip on the 50' El Pescador out of PV Dec 6 - 10

Started by ksong, December 14, 2018, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

We had anglers all over the US. Three from West Coast, two from Mid West  and two from East Coast. .
We left dock around 6 pm and got bait around La Cruz.  We headed on top of the Islands. We were confident Capt Danny Osuna would find tuna for us.

The first day was slow. There were not much sign. When sun started to go down, we had our first tuna on balloon.  Thomas fought the first tuna on custom Black Hole Giant rod. It was about 160 - 170 lb.

banana ?

ksong

Capt Danny suggested to troll live skipjack early in the morning  on the next day.
It was not difficult to catch live skipjack or bonito.
We missed three hit before we hooked up a decent tuna.
Fred fought the tuna using custom Black Hole Giant rod.
We marked tuna all day, but they did not respond to our bait at all.
They eventually respond to out bait.
But Cape Danny decided to go down to the Fist Island as fishing reports there were pretty good.

ksong

We started drift on the third day and we started to catch small tuna in 50 lb. I did not bother to take pictures of those small tuna. :)
One custom Black Hole rod with live skipjack intended for cow got a hit.
Steve fought the fish. It turned out to be  a nice 50 plus lb cubera snapper.

Ross of IRT Reels were casting around with 7'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano rod and IRT 500 DD reel and hooked up a 40 lb tuna on a popper though there were no surface action.  He immediately hooked up another one, but the leader line got broken.  The tuna was his first on popper ever and he was a happy man. :)

We were very unlucky. We must had a dozen tuna, but all small though other boats around us caught cow.

ksong

But we have very experienced anglers. They knew we are very unlucky on this trip.
They all like new 10' El Pescador boat which has lots of rooms on the rail and cabin and bunks are well maintained.
They all want to come back next year. 
Everyone brought  home 50 lb vacuum packed fillet of fish.

Benni3

MarkT

Nice Kil!  I don't think the El Pescador will be there next year.  I think they're renting it until their Delta is ready.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ksong

Quote from: MarkT on December 14, 2018, 04:04:48 PM
Nice Kil!  I don't think the El Pescador will be there next year.  I think they're renting it until their Delta is ready.
Danny mentioned that he would lease the boat at least for 2 years.  Fred visited new Delta and he said the boat is impressive too.

ksong

Quote from: alantani on December 14, 2018, 04:22:51 PM
excellent.  thank you so much for posting this!!!!
If we stayed the Ist Island for 3 days, we should have caught some cow,  but there were so many tuna on the screen and it was a just matter of time they would explode.