Jaws rods...

Started by Board4life, September 10, 2011, 01:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Board4life

Anyone have any opinions on them? Or where they might be sold as complete rods... Not just the blank? I like the Calstars and Seekers but I hear the Jaws can give them a run for their money... and save me some. Was I misinformed?

Thanks

Rare

A friend of mine just had a custom made for another friend a few months ago. He loved the blank & got it from Acid Rod for jiggin-JL 7603 - 20-40 7'6". The real test will come Oct. when we head out to the Dry Tortugas. He paired it with his Saltist Z 6000 

He has tested it on a trip he took to the humps in Key West.

QuoteI put the rod to a good test for some minutes when a nice fish hit my knife jig and took line steadily, most probably a nice jack, but I'll never know 'cause he spit the hook!!! Combo felt great on the fight and pretty easy to use for both short and long jerks.

TwistedCustomRods

Quote from: Rare on September 10, 2011, 04:34:40 PM
A friend of mine just had a custom made for another friend a few months ago. He loved the blank & got it from Acid Rod for jiggin-JL 7603 - 20-40 7'6". The real test will come Oct. when we head out to the Dry Tortugas. He paired it with his Saltist Z 6000 

He has tested it on a trip he took to the humps in Key West.

QuoteI put the rod to a good test for some minutes when a nice fish hit my knife jig and took line steadily, most probably a nice jack, but I'll never know 'cause he spit the hook!!! Combo felt great on the fight and pretty easy to use for both short and long jerks.

Ron (Striz) makes a nice rod.
Need a new rod? Why not get a custom rod made for where you fish, how you fish, all the while fitting your personal style!?  http://www.twistedcustomrods.com

Rare

Quote from: TwistedCustomRods on September 10, 2011, 10:33:07 PM

Ron (Striz) makes a nice rod.

Indeed he does; A very good friend of mine & a great fishing bud to have! I have 2 rods he made me that are great! He has a special project now on a few rods, but he knows that I got about 3 more rods to be made.  ;D Sorry about taking just a bit over....Won't happen again!!

He liked that Jaws blank & he has one that he will be making himself a jigging rod.

The one he made for me

He made this & was giving to me as a gift for my new born son.

The rod in action- "Permit" was caught on the other end