Trolling the shoreline in the still morning

Started by gstours, December 15, 2018, 04:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Heres an awe inspiring sight, at least worth sharing I thought.   
A while ago I got up early and made a few passes around the little cove that puts out a few troll caught  salmon every once in a while.  Its close and the bottom is friendly.  Heres a suprise Humback whale feeding along the shore traveling alone and rather slowly,  so i clicked a few for you.  About 30 feet long.   Feeding and Friendly.

It came out of seemingly nowhere, moved steadily the opposite way we were trolling, and then was gone in a few minuets.

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Gfish

Nice pictures. They're supposed to start showing up here in the islands, butt I've only seen 1 so far, and that was a month ago...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Thanks for posting Gary, interesting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Ron Jones

My wife was FANATICAL about finding humpbacks on Oahu. We would drive around for hours just to look at them.
Thanks for the shot
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

joel8080

When we lived in Panama during the winter there we would take the boat to the back side of the Island of Taboga and watch the Whales do there sounding dance it's a show we will never forget.

joel8080
Oceanside,California

Benni3

Very cool,,,it's great there making a comeback  ;D

droppedit

I was pollack fishing off the coast of New Hampshire yesterday and there must of been 30 humpbacks feeding. I don't care how many you've seen but when one comes up a couple hundred feet from you it takes your breath away. Sometimes closer but still incredible. These we saw yesterday were feeding slow and sometimes would dive deep. Fascinating animals.

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

gstours

Thanks for sharing your experience.  Yes these animals are amazing,  silently inspiring.   Always makes my day to have seen one.