Started by steelfish, December 17, 2018, 08:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

boon

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on December 17, 2018, 10:52:58 PM
Came out great Alex,Time to out a bend in it. The superman logo is nice with that color combo.
thanks compadre Sheridan, next set of pictured of this rod will be with a nice fish on it

Quote from: droppedit on December 17, 2018, 10:56:07 PM
Outstanding work Alex! Better watch out, soon you will be building so many Steelfish rods you won't have time for fishing., Dave

kind of already there, I have the blanks and components since may ready to build, but other fishing rod jobs kept me away from my own projects, but a good friend gave me a good advise, to put my own rod on the "customers list of pending jobs" and work on it as a customer rod, if I havent done it that way, the components might still be on the cabinet drawer.

Quote from: sdlehr on December 17, 2018, 11:10:46 PM
Looks like you've got decals on thread wraps - I don't think they're weaves - how did you do that? Or are those decals on the blank and I'm just thinking I'm seeing thread wraps there? (Edit: the blank is black, I'm confused)
Sid, Im confused too, I dont know what are your referring, I do have decals on the thread wraps, I dont have any decal on the bare blank (which part gave you that ilusion/idea?)
Im attaching some pics that you can zoom and check.
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Beautiful job Alex! you can be proud of putting your name down on anything you build.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Great work Alex, its not until you get to do some rod rapping yourself, that we really apriceate how talented people like you are, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Rivverrat

Alex, good job. Your finish looks good. I like the dragon scale... Jeff

Reel 224

Alex: Your what they call "A sleeper" in the profession  ;) :D :D. Grate work amego.....................................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

oc1

Very nice Alex. How did you do the Superman logos?
-steve

Brewcrafter

That is beautiful!  No need to apologize in the beginning about posting too many photos; I would be happy to see more!  Love the colors and detail!  Looking forward to seeing some fish photos with this rod in the frame!!!!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jeri

Certainly bright, you'll need stronger sun glasses when fishing ................  ;D

Great work.

Fishamen7

conchydong

Nice job amigo. When your first is that good, it makes it harder to set the bar higher.

Scott

mhc

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.