Adding a finish to your flat sided jigs

Started by gstours, January 07, 2019, 03:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As jigs are used many are lost butt a few may need refinishing.  Or some new diy jigs might be worthy of a custom touch.
       Heres a diy foil scale side that might be used.  See what you think?   

Ron Jones

Looks like a great way to make high quality custom lures.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

A lot of my jigs are crudely just dipped in an oil paint and drip dry....on my Christmas list that Santa forgot to look at was a powder coat setup,  and a tiny airbrush setup......
   I,d like to put scales on a few jigs....  I haven't warned the fish 🐟 yet.

Dominick

Butt Man, you have to be careful of what you post.  I heard the fish in Glacier Bay are trembling with fear since you posted this.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Long Enuff

A shrinkable lure covering invented by one of our local Charleston fishermen.

https://www.jigskinz.com

gstours

Thanks for the advice.  The law enforcement people are always bored 😑 and over funding and too much coffee also fuels their 🔥.
  Every year I get boarded a couple of times.   My nose is so clean it hurts.   They just want to see fish up close to show people back in the big city 🌃...   I guess it's a necessary evil?

Dominick

Quote from: gstours on January 11, 2019, 05:55:02 PM
Thanks for the advice.  The law enforcement people are always bored 😑 and over funding and too much coffee also fuels their 🔥.
  Every year I get boarded a couple of times.   My nose is so clean it hurts.   They just want to see fish up close to show people back in the big city 🌃...   I guess it's a necessary evil?

Now that is funny.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Big Tim was using the jigskinz.....lost track of the thread, so not sure how it turned out....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!