MITCHELL 308X GOLD

Started by maks13, January 10, 2019, 08:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maks13

Hey guys, I am desperately needing to find the INSERT for this reel. Part number 1824790  I can't find this part anywhere. Please help!

Thanks
Maks

foakes

Hi Mak —

Welcome aboard!

There are folks here to help you.

If they do not have the part — they can generally track it down through back channels.

But we need a photo of your reel, and the part needed.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

chockpish

The part he is looking for is the pawl! It runs on a worm gear inside the reel! I have a few 300 at the house that I use for parts! I'm not sure if they are the same size,  measure the diameter with  calipers and and pm me the numbers, I'll measure the one I have at home, if they fit I'll send them to you! I know the body of the 300 is bigger than the 308, but I think the pawl may be the same size? Also measure the sleeve the pawl fits into as well, they may be a match!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!

maks13

Thanks guys for welcome and fast replay. I will post picture and will measure part what I need it and post it.
Regards
Maks