Jigmaster 500s screws

Started by Dynotec, January 11, 2019, 06:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynotec

Hello Everyone,
So this will be my first post here. I have a question about the right side stand screws for a 500s I'm building. The schematic calls for 2- 32-15's, but they appear to be to long. They need to be very close to 1/8" long. I ground down some screws to fit, but I would rather have the right ones. Can anybody help me with the part number for the correct screw? Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me and I hope I can help someone else in the future. :)Bart

Reel 224

These are the short ones https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/31-19.aspx On the handle side the longer ones are for the none handle side.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Gfish

Welcome Dynotec-Bart! Yeah. If they stick out like in your photo, they can make gettin a birds nest out that much more difficult, as they will catch onto the loops of line.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dynotec

Here's some more info. on my problem. Joe, I tried those screws and there's an interference problem. The holes in the side plates(rings) on the 500s are not countersunk. The plate itself has a nice round hole that a pan head screw fits into. Thanks Bart

Gfish

That's odd. I've got only one stock 500 and the frame holes are counter-sunk. That's what my memory's tellin me too.
Edit: Oops, didn't realize there's an "s" on the end of the 500 in your first post.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

on the S everything s reversed. The left side takeapart configuration has enough clearance for the pan head screws of correct length. I can check this for you Sunday when i get home to my jiggy's. i love the S, though many didn't. the internals are better than later l models IMO- steel main, chromed bits...

Dynotec

Thorhammer, thank you. My problem is on the right side though. And to check the bottom screws you would have to take your reel apart, I wouldn't ask you to do that. The two reel seat screws are inside the right side plate. On a right handed reel of course ;)

Reel 224

Either you have the inside plates switch or we are talking about opposite sides. If you follow the schismatics it shows the side those two screws are supposed to go on.

Joe   

thorhammer

Dynotec, somehow i ALWAYS have one or another jiggy in pieces; i just bought a 12 lb box of all kinds of parts and i have enough other jiggy bits around  that i will be building a jiggy out Sunday and will take a look. i think i still have the correct screws in the correct Scotts parts bags to give you a part number. It's a short panhead tho.

John

George6308

The reel feet screws for the 500S are the same for
both sides. They are not flat head but listed as pan head. Part number 32-19.
There is a thread  on this site entitled "Difference Between 500S And 500"

Swami805

Here's the right side of a 500s. They're not counter sunk holes. Looks like the standard penn screw just really short threads
Picture is upside down.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mhc

The 500S schematic shows the same inner stand screw 32-15 on both sides http://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/500s.pdf
However the 500S I've got uses different screws on the handle side. Same short length, different heads  ??? The recess in the right side plate that the screw head fits into is not large enough for the pan head screws that are used on the left side (see below)
The two RHS screws that are on my reel look very much like the handle nut lock screw 110-60.

Mike

PS - Looks like Sheridan's are the same as mine

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Dynotec

Mike, you hit the nail right on the head. Those are the correct screws that I need!

Dynotec

I wonder if this screw might be right?  Mystic 123-50.